Hyundai and P1 Hyundai Powered 4 Stroke Gennies (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi again,

Does anyone have or used any of the better quality budget generators from Hyundai ?.

I like the idea of the bigger electric start ones, but bit too big and heavy.

I know Hondas are the ones to have, just a bit to expensive.

Trevor.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have the Hyundai 2000 sei electric start,and it’s a good piece of kit, I bought it because I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea and needed a CPAP machine over night, our last van only had 80 watt of solar.
Our new van has 200 watt of solar and in 16 months haven’t needed to use the generator.

John.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Have you looked at the Champion range? Not bad little genies and as quiet as the Hondas very popular in USA.(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Also look at the Clarke range, reasonably quiet and good value.

Screwfix & wolf are same gennies with different badges

I jut have the 800W one to give the battery a boost at classic motorcycle events - paid less than £180 delivered

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
we have to compare like for like.. ie ..

Inverter technology generators, such as the Honda EU 10i and the cheaper non inverter type such as Clarke..

the former are safe to use on sensitive electronics, such as you find in modern motorhomes.. the latter are ok for older vans and running site equipment, power tools, etc .. but due to power spikes or surges I wouldn't use on a modern motorhome ..your choice,.

some will argue they have used a cheap one for years with no issues.. I say, keep fingers crossed.. for example.. a Schuldt ELB cost about £300 to repair..

so the first question when buying.. " Is this generator inverter technology "

This 1kw Hyundai is inverter technology and looks a decent buy https://www.generators-direct.co.uk...-hy1000si-digital-inverter-suitcase-generator

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
we have to compare like for like.. ie ..

Inverter technology generators, such as the Honda EU 10i and the cheaper non inverter type such as Clarke..

the former are safe to use on sensitive electronics, such as you find in modern motorhomes.. the latter are ok for older vans and running site equipment, power tools, etc .. but due to power spikes or surges I wouldn't use on a modern motorhome ..your choice,.

some will argue they have used a cheap one for years with no issues.. I say, keep fingers crossed.. for example.. a Schuldt ELB cost about £300 to repair..

so the first question when buying.. " Is this generator inverter technology "

This 1kw Hyundai is inverter technology and looks a decent buy https://www.generators-direct.co.uk...-hy1000si-digital-inverter-suitcase-generator

The Clarke I have is also an inverter generator, details here:

Clarke's IG950 800W Inverter Generator is a powerful, very lightweight, quiet portable generator that provides 230V ac power wherever it is needed. The pure sine wave constant voltage technology has a frequency stability of +/-1%, this is more stable than the normal mains supply and is therefore ideal for powering sensitive equipment such as computers TVs etc.

Electronics move on so quickly, last years top of the range becomes this years budget buy:)

Pete S

Free Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I have a 1 kW Hyundai and it is excellent. I went for petrol / lpg spec. I have never put petrol in it!! Quiet, no smell and runs off gas bottle or bbq point. Fully recommend. http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/generators.htm
Fully read this article.. you will be impressed they even give an honest comparison against the Hondas..

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have the Hyundai 2000 sei electric start,and it’s a good piece of kit, I bought it because I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea and needed a CPAP machine over night, our last van only had 80 watt of solar.
Our new van has 200 watt of solar and in 16 months haven’t needed to use the generator.

John.
I too have a CPAP machine and again haven’t carried my generator since getting 200w of solar (portable panels in my case). I use about 30ah per night. I feel much more comfortable not having to run a generator.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We bought a Hyundai 2.6kw from Sail & Trail 6 years ago could never start it sent it back in the end, fortunately we had paid by card so eventually got our money back.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
0C283366-70E6-45D0-973F-EB0E23CD992A.jpeg
Transport