Hymer with a leaky roof. (6 Viewers)

OP
OP
L
Jan 6, 2018
Funster No
This is a new leak. We're pretty sure that it is the seal just behind the cab.The sealant under it looks a bit rough around the edges. Its an 05 van so not round headlights. Its a very small leak that only occurs when the wind is in the wrong direction. In fact if we had got the cover on before the heavy winds started we wouldnt have known about it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a similar problem with My 2016 Hymer . I think I need to replace the rubber seal. Where can I get some?
If you are referring to the strip that runs across the roof, it is not a seal just a trim covering the joint.

OP
OP
L
Jan 6, 2018
Funster No
I posted that some time ago and my husband had solved it since although not totally resolved it. The previous owner had an awning fitted and to put it mildly it turned out to be a rubbish job. It became evident that it was leaking through a bolt securing the frame of the awning. My husband removed the awning and the frame and it low and behold there was hole ddrilled in error and not filled plus it was leaking around one of the bolts. The reason it didn’t become evident when we bought the Moho was that it had been kept in a barn . So far my husband has removed offending awning and is scraping the area behind it clean. He has filled all the holes and inside the van is now as dry as a bone. The question becomes do we make good the side or replace the awning. Still thinking about that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I posted that some time ago and my husband had solved it since although not totally resolved it. The previous owner had an awning fitted and to put it mildly it turned out to be a rubbish job. It became evident that it was leaking through a bolt securing the frame of the awning. My husband removed the awning and the frame and it low and behold there was hole ddrilled in error and not filled plus it was leaking around one of the bolts. The reason it didn’t become evident when we bought the Moho was that it had been kept in a barn . So far my husband has removed offending awning and is scraping the area behind it clean. He has filled all the holes and inside the van is now as dry as a bone. The question becomes do we make good the side or replace the awning. Still thinking about that.
Thanks for posting an update.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back