Hymer fridge (2 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have a B544 2003, the fridge is on the back wall and the lower vent is through the floor ! Access is very restricted.
The burner has probably never been cleaned out and it's now refusing to light on gas.
Has anyone found a way to access the burner through the lower vent ? Removing the rear bumper may improve access to the vent but not sure.
Of course if the lotto syndicate come up trump's I'll be trading in so won't need to fix ,!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a 2005 with the same fridge position. There's no way to access anything through the lower vent. Removing the fridge isn't difficult though. Disconnect gas through upper vent, four screws under caps just inside the fridge door, push fridge via upper vent until it moves, then pull it out far enough to disconnect the electrics, then pull fully out into van. The last bit is easier if you remove the fridge door (one screw, upper hinge).

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Agree with @tonyidle above. Had the fridge serviced a couple of times on our 2002 Hymer 544.

The mobile service guy removed the fridge on both occasions. There is an aperture in the back wall behind the bumper where you could access the burner. But, removing the bumper looks more difficult.

By taking the fridge out you can at least give the flue a good clean. If you have difficulty gaining access to the electrics, you could of course unscrew the hob and lift it up sufficiently to gain access. That's what the mobile guy did on one occasion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Agree with @tonyidle above. Had the fridge serviced a couple of times on our 2002 Hymer 544.

The mobile service guy removed the fridge on both occasions. There is an aperture in the back wall behind the bumper where you could access the burner. But, removing the bumper looks more difficult.

By taking the fridge out you can at least give the flue a good clean. If you have difficulty gaining access to the electrics, you could of course unscrew the hob and lift it up sufficiently to gain access. That's what the mobile guy did on one occasion.
On my B584 the 'dummy' lower inlet behind the bumper is only cut out of the inner skin and insulation leaving the outer skin intact. If I removed the bumper there would therefore be no sign of it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back