Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Hi All
We are thinking of changing to a Hymer B534DL, this is a 2017, 7 metre, model, with a rear lounge and drop down bed over driving seats. Has anyone any experience of this vehicle or layout? We are a retired couple , planning trips mainly in France and Spain.
Thanks in advance
Peter

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
tnis is one of two Duomobil models by Hymer....the B634 is a meatier beast.
being a DL the 534 is slimmer and lighter...but it is certainly smaller and the lounge is compact and the kitchen is also a lot smaller....
certainly look closely at both models....this might help

or this
<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We looked at these and were quite excited by the 534 but the interior was too compromised especially the kitchen and lounge, managed to compare them side by side very handy. If you like that layout then have a look at Frankia I680Plus and I740Plus models, Dethleffs and LeVoyageur used to do something with similar layouts

Larry and Mel

Free Member
Jul 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer class A
Exp
Since 2017
We have an
Hi All
We are thinking of changing to a Hymer B534DL, this is a 2017, 7 metre, model, with a rear lounge and drop down bed over driving seats. Has anyone any experience of this vehicle or layout? We are a retired couple , planning trips mainly in France and Spain.
Thanks in advance
Peter
We have an Older 544 with the rear lounge layout and much prefer it to the mid table concept. Seem to have more room to relax (as in stretch out) and enjoy occasional company. Enjoy the road. Cheers

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
My only concern is if its a right hand drive, there is no window to look through when pulling out, especially if you're driving in europe. I think its designed as a left hand drive vehicle.

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Duomobile 534 2017. We like the layout. There’s a lot of storage space. Some quality issues. A leak in the garage ( a vertical seal on the bodywork).

Unfortunately, it’s off the road till end September at the earliest as it failed its MOT on a left indicator fault.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
My only concern is if its a right hand drive, there is no window to look through when pulling out, especially if you're driving in europe. I think its designed as a left hand drive vehicle.
We much prefer a right hand drive even though most of our driving is in Europe. Why, because we also use it in the UK which has a much greater vehicle density on the roads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back