Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
PaulandChrissy submitted a new resource:

Huawei 4G B535 Router Bracket - Wall Bracket for B535 Wifi Router

Import into your slicer. Split into two objects. One is the template for drilling your holes if you prefer over double sided tape. The main bracket print with the front text facing down to the bed. print at 0.2mm layer height. Enjoy

Read more about this resource...

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Paul and Chrissy,

Is there a bracket available for the Huawei c5577 321? (The usual 4g Mifi with the two antenna ports on the bottom.)

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Hagstrom
I haven't designed one for the C5577 4G. But. I do have a 5573 laying around. If it’s the same size as that, I could design something when I get a moment. Pictures below showing connections. It’s 97mm x 58mm x 15mm thick. Does that match the dimensions of your 5577

Cheers PaulandChrissy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 4B83E027-8F25-46A1-AF01-5DB61648BF38.jpeg
    4B83E027-8F25-46A1-AF01-5DB61648BF38.jpeg
    608.6 KB · Views: 37
  • A4F604C0-A9C2-40EC-84AC-B460374E86B3.jpeg
    A4F604C0-A9C2-40EC-84AC-B460374E86B3.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Go to the top of the page. On the right is an orange download button.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Poul,

How do i downloade ?

New to the site
Here’s a link for you which hopefully will help.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi that looks much better than what I made for my Huawei B535. How do I go about getting the SLT file to print out ?
Just import the STL fill into your slicer program In the normal way. There are instructions with the resource.

steveT5

Free Member
Feb 13, 2023
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Paul and Chrissy - thanks for taking the time to make this router bracket, it looks really good.

And totally not directed at you but in this day and age of sharing I find it amazing that a forum thinks it's acceptable to charge a £20 subscription.
I was hoping to find a caring, sharing community and not a pay wall.

I only joined the forum today to download this file, but as it's not clear that you have to pay to download files it's left a really negative first impression.

Has anyone decided to share the STL (paid or otherwise) outside of this 'walled garden'?
Or is that going to far because you can only help people if they pay £20?

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Paul and Chrissy - thanks for taking the time to make this router bracket, it looks really good.

And totally not directed at you but in this day and age of sharing I find it amazing that a forum thinks it's acceptable to charge a £20 subscription.

I only joined the forum today to download this file, but as it's not clear that you have to pay to download files it's left a really negative first impression.

Has anyone decided to share the STL (paid or otherwise) outside of this 'walled garden'?
That's a little harsh as this forum is not here for people to download stl files it's here to help and assist people with their motorhomes/campervans etc, you don't pay a subscription just to download a file there are tons of resources available from members who are willing to help. You will be surprised how much it costs to run a site like this and if there were no subscription then who pays for all of it to ensure its kept up to date.

I am sure others will explain it a lot better than myself including the owner Jim

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp

I think you’ve come into motorhomefun at the wrong angle. The subscription is to cover the cost of membership to an amazing wealth of Motorhome help and knowledge bases. Some Motorhome useful STL files are just one of the many assets available. To just join for the STL file is an unfortunate way into the community probably giving you this unfortunate view of motorhomefun. I hope in time you will come to appreciate and make full use of our communities knowledge base and membership discounts available from various advertisers, show entries etc.
If you’re just looking for STL files then something like THINGIVERSE is more what you’re looking for.
A Warm Welcome to you anyway . PaulandChrissy 👍

steveT5

Free Member
Feb 13, 2023
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Hi Zac, thanks for the reply.
I take your points on board absolutely.

It’s not difficult for anyone to see the infrastructure behind this site and I know it’s doesn’t come for free ;-)
And I realise there’s a lot of time needed to run such a place.

Out of interest how much does it cost to become a Life Member? I didn’t see that option?

I’ve owned a motor home for 10+ years and I’m looking forward to exploring what this forum has to offer. But like I say I’m incredibly disappointed that when we live in a world with sites like thingiverse and yeggi some of this community actively chooses not share outside our your subscription club.

I guess I am looking at this with a different lens to you guys. I’ve always shared and open sourced all my work from the mid 90’s. My research and non IP work has helped many students (and maybe you indirectly).

If I was a carpenter and I was asked how did I get that dowl to fit in that hole I know my answer would be ‘come round, grab a beer let’s work it out together’…. and not to think about monitising it. All the MH mechanics I have had the pleasure of meeting are more than happy to show me how to change a cambelt or a dpf sensor. Sharing knowledge is what got us to where we are today as a race after all.

So my question still stands, is anyone able to help make (my) world a better place or do I need to fire up Fusion360 and roll my own?

It already feels like a ‘them and us’ forum. With the creation of your ‘class system’ those in the lower classes will never get the same treatment or access to resources by design.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Zac, thanks for the reply.
I take your points on board absolutely.

It’s not difficult for anyone to see the infrastructure behind this site and I know it’s doesn’t come for free ;-)
And I realise there’s a lot of time needed to run such a place.

Out of interest how much does it cost to become a Life Member? I didn’t see that option?

I’ve owned a motor home for 10+ years and I’m looking forward to exploring what this forum has to offer. But like I say I’m incredibly disappointed that when we live in a world with sites like thingiverse and yeggi some of this community actively chooses not share outside our your subscription club.

I guess I am looking at this with a different lens to you guys. I’ve always shared and open sourced all my work from the mid 90’s. My research and non IP work has helped many students (and maybe you indirectly).

If I was a carpenter and I was asked how did I get that dowl to fit in that hole I know my answer would be ‘come round, grab a beer let’s work it out together’…. and not to think about monitising it. All the MH mechanics I have had the pleasure of meeting are more than happy to show me how to change a cambelt or a dpf sensor. Sharing knowledge is what got us to where we are today as a race after all.

So my question still stands, is anyone able to help make (my) world a better place or do I need to fire up Fusion360 and roll my own?

It already feels like a ‘them and us’ forum. With the creation of your ‘class system’ those in the lower classes will never get the same treatment or access to resources by design.
Hi steveT5
Sent you a PM to help with your B535 holder.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back