How to supply gas to barbcue from gaslow system. (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
To those who don't like cutting holes in their vans there's a couple of things I can say with absolute certainty: you will make a better job of it than the manufacturer of the van did (or would); and it will never cause water ingress because you will (a) go for overkill when you seal it and (b) watch it like a hawk just in case :).

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
This is my external barbecue point, mounted inside my gas locker adjacent to my refillable gas tanks.

I have no problem with it. Opening the locker is required for accessing the hose for the Cadac anyway, and leaving the locker open is hardly a hindrance for the time the Cadac is connected. Once finished, I disconnect the lead and close the locker.

Sep 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
Where's the filler point for your Gaslow?

I fitted a bbq point next to that on ours. It's in the plastic skirt rather than the side of the van itself so nothing to worry about in drilling it.

The round white one is the Gaslow filler and the square grey one is a Bullfinch bbq point.

View attachment 119855
View attachment 119857
Can you help with my connection. I have tried every combination of levers but cannot get the gas to work on the Cadac Safari Chef 2
IMG_1431.jpeg
IMG_1430.jpeg
IMG_1429.jpeg

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Another thing to check is there isn’t a shut off tap in line, which I have on mine.
Try and trace the pipe work back to the regulator.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
HP (High Pressure) Use with gas canisters only.

LP (Low Pressure) Use with bottled gas only.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I fitted a very similar fitting to a previous van. just a length of copper pipe tee'd into the gas pipe in the locker run to a tap and then a quick release fitting. not only could it be used to supply a bbq, but with a hose and bottle regulator made up to suit whatever country is a great backup for when lpg pumps are hard to find.
Snap, or to put it another way . Quick release gas point suitable with door open or as above add a foreign bottle and regulator (or emergency calor).yes I've noticed the date
gas-conection.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back