Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This was originally a video tutorial but I missed stuff out and it sounded awful also it's easier described in with screenshots. So here we go

CLICK ON WHAT'S NEW
new1.png

CLICK ON THE LOGO
new2.png

USE THE FILTER BAR TO DRILL DOWN AND FIND YOUR OWN POSTS OR UNANSWERED POSTS ETC

new3A.png

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have a question - Are there bits within the motorhome fun community that only certain members can see?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Jim

You have worked hard on all this.

I have read the above but cannot really see the answers to a couple of problems I have when getting up-to-date with posts.

I normally go to 'What's New' which gives the last 30 posts but usually I want to go back further.

So I hit 'More'

That takes me to the top of 'Latest Posts' which repeats the 30 above.

I then often have to scroll down to bottom of page 1 to be able to select page 2.

Sometimes page 2 is not back to where I last viewed posts. I cannot select previous pages at the top of any page, so again I have to scroll down to the bottom to select page 3.

Most websites display page selection at top and bottom of each page, which I thought Fun did previously.

Could this be incorporated please.

I am also a bit confused between the following page titles

'What's New'
'Latest Posts' and
'Latest Discussion'

Please explain.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim

You have worked hard on all this.

I have read the above but cannot really see the answers to a couple of problems I have when getting up-to-date with posts.

I normally go to 'What's New' which gives the last 30 posts but usually I want to go back further.

So I hit 'More'

That takes me to the top of 'Latest Posts' which repeats the 30 above.

I then often have to scroll down to bottom of page 1 to be able to select page 2.

Sometimes page 2 is not back to where I last viewed posts. I cannot select previous pages at the top of any page, so again I have to scroll down to the bottom to select page 3.

Most websites display page selection at top and bottom of each page, which I thought Fun did previously.

Could this be incorporated please.

I am also a bit confused between the following page titles

'What's New'
'Latest Posts' and
'Latest Discussion'

Please explain.

Geoff

Thanks...If you want to have page number navigation click the logo, rather than click what's new.

It makes no sense for many to have it at the top. Most needing a next page when they are at the bottom. Also in tests, it was just too much clutter on smaller screens, you want latest posts but half the screen is taken up with a filter bar and page numbers. So click that logo if you want that function. (y)

What's new has a secondary menu items all relating to new content, new reviews, blogs, profile posts etc. Latest discussion menu items are all thread/post related. such as Find, Watched, mark read etc

Its all a fine balance struck with all the different machines people use and their experience with forums, many will be happy with a fully functioning filter bar, others just get confused and give up. we have to appeal to users who have used forums for years and new members who have only known facebook. It's a challenge to say the least.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back