how to decode an european motorhome VIN? (1 Viewer)

Du And Nica

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010, with rentals so far, but planning to buy a motorhome in the next few weeks
We've just got the VIN for the motorhome I'm considering buying (more details here), but none of the "VIN Decoder" websites I can find in the Internet returns any useful information (just that it's a ducato made by Fiat in Italy -- right, as if I didn't know that). I was looking to confirm at least the year the chassis was manufactured...

Can anyone help?

OP
OP
Du And Nica

Du And Nica

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010, with rentals so far, but planning to buy a motorhome in the next few weeks
Howdy folks, I found this one that at least gives me an year, and the rest of the data seems to jibe with what I already know about the vehicle:
http://en.vindecoder.pl/

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
And your next step is ? :nerd: :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Du And Nica

Du And Nica

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Howdy everyone,

I found a *much* better way of decoding a VIN: FIAT has something called ePER, which seems to be a DVD (or perhaps it's a set of DVDs) distributed internally to its dealers, and it contains (besides a searchable, automated catalogue of all available parts for all FIAT vehicles) a *very* complete and specific VIN decoder; here's what it spitted out for ours:

HsiUMVu.png

Using its parts database, I was able to search and locate *exactly* the part that seems to have gone bad on our motorhome, more details here: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ine-lighted-up-turbo-electrovalve-bad.182989/

From what I could gather, it seems that ePER is not released "publicly" by FIAT, but as I stumbled upon it when online searching for info on that part, I think anyone interested will be able to find it too with not spending too much Google-fu. I'm refraining from posting the links here as I'm not sure whether it's allowed by the forum rules, but if you people assure me I can, I will come back and post them.

Cheers,
-- Du.

Last edited:

morison

Free Member
Jul 9, 2021
New York, Нью-Йорк, США
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
With its help, it becomes possible to obtain complete information about the car. To get data about a vehicle, it is enough to enter a unique combination in a special field

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back