How to activate NOS SIM card (Portugal) (1 Viewer)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I’ve just bought a NOS ‘Kanguru livre’ SIM card and put it in my Huwawei mifi. It connects but I get redirected to a page which wants my name, email, and phone number. The phone number field will only accept 10 digits, so can’t give my U.K. mobile number. There is a 10 digit number on the packaging starting 93 so I tried that.

It says it has sent a code in an SMS, but the mifi unit isn’t receiving one. I can’t put the sim in my phone as it’s the wrong size. Tried registering online but the site says I have to be connected using the card I want to register.

Can anyone help, please?

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
Go back to the shop and ask them to activate for you:xThumb:

Deleted User
I’ve just bought a NOS ‘Kanguru livre’ SIM card and put it in my Huwawei mifi. It connects but I get redirected to a page which wants my name, email, and phone number. The phone number field will only accept 10 digits, so can’t give my U.K. mobile number. There is a 10 digit number on the packaging starting 93 so I tried that.

It says it has sent a code in an SMS, but the mifi unit isn’t receiving one. I can’t put the sim in my phone as it’s the wrong size. Tried registering online but the site says I have to be connected using the card I want to register.

Can anyone help, please?

My Kanguru sim is in 3 sizes so one of them should fit, can't remember how I activated mine but I didn't have a Portuguese phone number.

Have you gone onto the Huawei homepage and input the profile Kanguru with all the other spaces blank?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
My Kanguru sim is in 3 sizes so one of them should fit
Yes, but if I make it small enough for the phone, I’m not sure I’ll be able to put it back together again to fit the mifi?

you gone onto the Huawei homepage and input the profile Kanguru with all the other spaces blank?
Not sure exactly where you mean, but I’ll have a look.

Just to correct myself from my first post, it’s a 9 digit number required, not 10.

Deleted User
Yes, but if I make it small enough for the phone, I’m not sure I’ll be able to put it back together again to fit the mifi?

Just to correct myself from my first post, it’s a 9 digit number required, not 10.

Mine is 192.168.1.1 but I think different Huawei devices have slightly different numbers, all begin with 192.

I've taken sims apart and put them back together, just have to be careful placing it in the device.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
OK, solved. Amazing how a glass of good Port helps.

The problem was that I couldn’t see the whole screen on my iPad and it wouldn’t go into landscape. Having managed to get it into landscape, I found another button to click to ignore all the other crap and just activate the SIM card. Now working, many thanks for the replies.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp

That is a standard Portuguese mobile number which will be used by the mifi. The shop you bought the card from ought to be able to help, when I had a NOS mifi I used their shop in the Algarve Shopping centre who were very good and never failed to solve the problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back