How do you switch on the air conditioning was the cry in the well known expensive workshop? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I had a car i had put new front disk on it and it falled it mot two week later as they told me there was excessive pitting :) .
My reply was it must be a very carovive atmosphere where i live i only change them to weeks ago.
The only reason i used them was they were doing a cheep deal on MOT
they also told me i had brake light and head lam blown.
They were fine when it went on the ramp i was watching from a distance.
I went in and told the mangier that i had it on my camera and was gifting trading standards involved he waved the mot charge.
I went to another garage and it walked through the MOT that my Friend's is why i would not use hadlfors for vehicle repairs there tolls are very good but there service department are total crap.
bill

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Report the garage to Halfords CEO and threaten to go to trading standards, in addition you are entitled to any broken parts and that should be mentioned in your Dear CEO letter.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Being in the trade, i would be very interested you learn from you guys what should have happened and in what order

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Being in the trade, i would be very interested you learn from you guys what should have happened and in what order
It would appear that the service centre technicians were not up to the job.

As I'm sure that your aware, air con is relatively simple.
Check for leaks, no leaks-check condenser-they replaced that, although why is a mystery-check that the interior fan is working, yes-check compressor, look for faults in the clutch area & that the drive belt is intact, if all appears to be well, your out of your depth & should admit that your stumped. After all they are only human & to err is human.

My feeling are that the compressor would be showing faults & that the service centre had no business charging the customer for the condenser, after all, they failed to repair the system.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I don’t understand. If you are in the trade,surely you will know that already.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I didn’t even know you could get stuff like this done at Halfords . I thought a new windscreen wiper or replacement battery was as much as they did .

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I let them fit a Mul-T-lok gear lever lock to my car in the 1990s they made a right mess of it, it didn't fit properly at all. What made worse was, after they had it back to look at the manager insisting to me that it's not a Peugeot part and they don't fit perfectly... What a load of tosh, I stripped the centre console, carpet and front seat out and could see a big cable clip obstructing where the bracket should be.. An easy fix if they had given it a proper look at. I took photos, had them developed and sent them to their HQ. A few weeks later I got an apology.

Not been in there since (Mansfield Store)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
1614277197980.png

I dont actually want to insult monkey's they are highly skilled in comparison to halfords at work

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
View attachment 468987

I dont actually want to insult monkey's they are highly skilled in comparison to halfords at work
Kwik Fit are just the same! They managed to get an emission reading 50 x what it should be and failed my car. I took it to my usual (full price) testing station and it flew it!

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
A bunch of cowboys, they adjusted my handbrake once and 37 miles later in the fast lane of the M4 I ran out of brakes when the fluid boiled, they had tightened it up too much. Luckily I got out of that one. I would put that on Facebook and give them some free advertising

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back