How do I connect Gasit connector to safefill gas bottle? (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Hi boys n girls! I’ve bought a Safefill gas bottle and when at ASDA in Deeside the other day for petrol for my car I asked the lady in the pay booth if I could fill my bottle from their Autogas pump. She was categoric, “No, it’s against ASDA Health & Safety policy. You can only fill professionally fitted systems” So be it.
I have a Gasit filler point in the side panel of our MoHo, adjacent to the gas bottle locker. It has the requisite bayonet cap fittings for the Autogas pump. The question is where/how do I get from the back of the filler point to the safefill gas bottle without having to spend around £100 on a short length of rubber hose and a couple of fittings?
All sensible suggestions gratefully received!! Please include relevant technical data, thread sizes, hose lengths etc.etc.

Thanks in advance & Cheers!

Russ

Attachments

• FD9767A9-2570-457E-97D7-0734EB9F5B88.jpeg
    FD9767A9-2570-457E-97D7-0734EB9F5B88.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 3C7EE3A5-2EB6-43F0-97A4-B63029C18E03.jpeg
    3C7EE3A5-2EB6-43F0-97A4-B63029C18E03.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 47

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
You will need a pol type hose with an adapter to the rear of your standard filler point then just leave it on there to connect to the bottle when filling is needed.cost about £35 sorry can’t advise on length as I don’t know how far your filler point is from your bottle.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi boys n girls! I’ve bought a Safefill gas bottle and when at ASDA in Deeside the other day for petrol for my car I asked the lady in the pay booth if I could fill my bottle from their Autogas pump. She was categoric, “No, it’s against ASDA Health & Safety policy. You can only fill professionally fitted systems” So be it.
I have a Gasit filler point in the side panel of our MoHo, adjacent to the gas bottle locker. It has the requisite bayonet cap fittings for the Autogas pump. The question is where/how do I get from the back of the filler point to the safefill gas bottle without having to spend around £100 on a short length of rubber hose and a couple of fittings?
All sensible suggestions gratefully received!! Please include relevant technical data, thread sizes, hose lengths etc.etc.

Thanks in advance & Cheers!

Russ
Can't you just go to Morrisons instead, I believe they let you fill them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Looking at Safefill bottles the other day, do they only have one valve? So after filling you need to reconnect to your regulator?

OP
OP
RustyRuss
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Exactly Boringfrog! I know about Morrisons already, that’s why I went for the Safefill bottle, but I don’t want to be stymied by a jobsworth when I can’t find a Morrisons with LPG. I’m kind of a belt-n-braces kind of guy!

Cheers!

Russ

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looking at Safefill bottles the other day, do they only have one valve? So after filling you need to reconnect to your regulator?

Yes is the answer..
Its a standard Propane type POL fitting..
Many use the pigtails with the big hand wheel grips to make connection easier than messing with spanners.
I take mine out and run up in the car to refill them as its just easier than taking the van. While in Germany and needing a refill, I had the empty bottle (i run 2) set up with the adaptor on, opened the locker door and filled up.

As above.. Just go to Morrissons.. If you are on Facebook there is a dedicated Safefill group.

This may be handy for Safefill owners if you come across a Garage that wont let you fill. I will put a copy in the resources section..

Morrisons safefill.jpg

OP
OP
RustyRuss
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Thanks for your replies so far gang. What I intend to do is have a hose connection from the back of the Gasit filler point in the side of the MoHo and connect it via the screw thread on the in/outlet valve on top of the safefill bottle. I only intend to use this if I need LPG and can only find, say an ASDA, to fill up at. I will normally just fill the safefill using the normal LPG pump at a Morrisons, if that makes sense. Am I being paranoid that I won’t find somewhere to fill up just using the petrol station pump and keeping the Safefill in the gas locker?

Thanks in advance for more of your thoughts.

Cheers!

Russ

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Thanks for your replies so far gang. What I intend to do is have a hose connection from the back of the Gasit filler point in the side of the MoHo and connect it via the screw thread on the in/outlet valve on top of the safefill bottle. I only intend to use this if I need LPG and can only find, say an ASDA, to fill up at. I will normally just fill the safefill using the normal LPG pump at a Morrisons, if that makes sense. Am I being paranoid that I won’t find somewhere to fill up just using the petrol station pump and keeping the Safefill in the gas locker?

Thanks in advance for more of your thoughts.

Cheers!

Russ

Perhaps you need to speak to Safefill to see if that method can be done safely?

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
Surely you sell the Safefill and buy a proper Gasit/Gaslow bottle, fill anywhere and no farting about disconnecting/reconnecting hoses and regulators...
Do it once, do it right👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't think you are going to be able to do it with a standard POL hose due to the high pressure.
You will need to use high pressure filling hose with ferral connectors not jubilee clips. Filling pressure can be over 140psi.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Am I being paranoid that I won’t find somewhere to fill up just using the petrol station pump and keeping the Safefill in the gas locker?
Yes just get another GasIt cylinder and never need to connect anything else.😊 If you want an extra bottle you can get a hose that connects directly to your fill point🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back