lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
ADMIRAL home insurance update !!!!
60 days unoccupied is ANNUAL LIMIT
no I didn’t believe it till I called and they read it from their ‘back room’ document
Worrying for a lot I guess

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
ADMIRAL home insurance update !!!!
60 days unoccupied is ANNUAL LIMIT
no I didn’t believe it till I called and they read it from their ‘back room’ document
Worrying for a lot I guess

Hmm..if you go away for 2 months in April but don't have any issues/claims and then you go away again later in the year and needed to claim - how would they know you'd already used your 60 days?

The only way this would be an issue is if you claimed twice on separate long trips within a years insurance. That would be unlikely/unlucky! Unless you have to inform them every time you go away?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Hmm..if you go away for 2 months in April but don't have any issues/claims and then you go away again later in the year and needed to claim - how would they know you'd already used your 60 days?

The only way this would be an issue is if you claimed twice on separate long trips within a years insurance. That would be unlikely/unlucky! Unless you have to inform them every time you go away?
True but I’m just telling what I discovered

Dec 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
At a price!
Mine was in the ball park of other quotes I was getting that only did 30-45 days. I think insurance is such an individual thing that recommendations for house or van insurance based on price are pretty worthless as so many people have such differing experiences.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Mine was in the ball park of other quotes I was getting that only did 30-45 days. I think insurance is such an individual thing that recommendations for house or van insurance based on price are pretty worthless as so many people have such differing experiences.
Very true , but using the info from other funsters I’ve been able to hone my needs and check companies that I wouldn’t have known about - equally I hope my findings have helped others narrow down what they need 😊

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Some companies are generally more expensive as they automatically go for more substantial cover. For example M & S did not ask for the value of the house when doing a quote - they presumably make an very favourable estimate. They also have a set contents value that is probably way higher than a lot of people need. Their quote is easy and asks very few questions, good cover but maybe more than most people actually require. There are a few big companies with this approach hence higher premiums.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Some companies are generally more expensive as they automatically go for more substantial cover. For example M & S did not ask for the value of the house when doing a quote - they presumably make an very favourable estimate. They also have a set contents value that is probably way higher than a lot of people need. Their quote is easy and asks very few questions, good cover but maybe more than most people actually require. There are a few big companies with this approach hence higher premiums.
That wasn’t my experience with LV. Very quick/simple process, good level of cover, good reputation, but still the cheapest of several quotes from big names. Only reason I didn’t go with them was 60 days max unoccupied. In all cases I increased my excess to £1000 which made a significant difference to the premium required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hmmm.....wonder why so cheap for you.?

£345 for me and that was without any extras. My present policy is £195 and includes full accidental cover, cover away from home and high value items. I think similar cover at M&S would be around £600.

Having said that my present company are only 60 days abroad (fine for us at the moment) and has just changed underwriter so may go up next time.
Same here.

We went with M&S in March for the 90 days cover.

Our standard cover was £348. Covers so much away from home as well but not accidental damage. Premium was £600 ish

1716797683024.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back