House Insurance unoccupancy period

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by mike mcglynn, Mar 14, 2016.

  1. mike mcglynn

    mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

    Jan 6, 2008
    Likes Received:
    St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
    Hi All, I'm just trying to get some quotes for a trip to Spain which we are trying to plan later on this year as Tina retires in December and we want to go to Benidorm for 4 months. I have contacted a few insurers but 60 days seems to be the standard figure the caravan and camping club do 180 days but will be in touch tomorrow to quote, as I have also requested trip breakdown cover as well , so how do you manage when you go on long term trips who did you deal with? and what sort of costs are involved ,I forgot to ask Brisey when we visited in February at Villasol .:) Thanks Mike.
  2. sedge

    sedge Funster

    Jul 7, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Nr Jct 3 M6
    Ours is 60 days - but our daughters visit the house to move post, let us know if anything looks urgent, make sure everything is OK - whenever we are away for longer than say 10 days at random times and occasionally will stay overnight - so the house is never unoccupied for the whole time.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1

Share This Page