pisteman

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T65
Exp
Hi everyone, greetings from French Alps.

Please can you generous people help with a problem I'm having with the hot water system on my Sunlight MH - air/water is just spitting out of the hot water tap ( frost control ok + not venting outside ) . After refilling boiler + waiting for yellow light to go out on the Truma CP (E) classic control dial the same thing happens. Following Truma's advice last week they reckon it was the pressure release elbow on the boiler and fair play they sent one out free of charge in the post to me, I've duly fitted same today but problem still the same. Following some fault finding tests of my own I think there must be a non-return valve that's bust because after lifting the submersible pump out of the water tank immediately after use a flow of water exits the pump via the intake chamber.
My question is - where is the non return valve if installed in-line with the pipework or does the Reich 12v pump have one that's integral??
We are fairly new to this stuff but still having a brilliant time.

thanks in advance Peter+Cress

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Is there an 'damper' fitted close to the pump? It will look like a large diameter pipe with an inlet and outlet. It might be faulty. Its job is to help seperate air out and make the flow even and not pulsing due to the way water leaves the pump

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
149385.jpg
looks a bit like this me thinks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
example fitted to top of pump. they do one with and one without a non return valve, fitted seperate to pump

OP
OP
pisteman

pisteman

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T65
Exp
pump.jpg
Apologies guys what with getting access to tank + modern tech. I'm assuming the "dampner" is sitting above the pump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pisteman

pisteman

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T65
Exp
Thanks Phil - any idea what they are called/description. The flexible water pipe is 10mm or just google non-return valve for Reich 12v sub. pump?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if your desperate you could change the pump for a reich with in built non return for around £40...:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pisteman

pisteman

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T65
Exp
Wow you found it before me.
Situation is not too bad where we are - on campsite access to hot water, will order the ebay one + fit when we get home.
cheers panic over(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back