Free Member
Oct 8, 2020
North West
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi there folks...Another first time poster here, I‘m Andy from the NW of England, joined the group tonight after browsing through some threads looking for answers to questions I’ll have to achieve my dreams.
I‘ve lived on a 57ft traditional narrowboat for the last six years and love every minute of it, the freedom and the fresh outdoor life and into driving and motorcycling / racing in a big way, both been major hobbies of mine most of my life.
Anyhow, I’m finishing work in 3 months after 33 years in my Electro- mechanical engineering trade and my dream once I finish, is to tour europe during the motoGP season following the different rounds, Spain, France, Italy, Germany etc In a motorhome with my bike so I‘ve been looking at doing a race van conversion in a LWB high roof sprinter/ crafter or similar With bed over the rear garage or alternatively a van with a built in garage capably of carrying a 190kg bike.
Any help or advice would be appreciated, sure you’ll get plenty of questions from me over the next few months.

Its good to be here! 👍

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

Great first post (y) and a great plan.
But that seems like quite a heavy bike for the garage, it will have a big impact on your payload.
Others with more technical knowledge will be along to advise I`m sure.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! :)

Worth searching on here about the 90 day limit on visits to mainland Europe next year. This might restrict your plans unless you have an EU passport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome strange as I am full timing in a moterhome and looking to get a narrow boat as wel

OP
OP
Andyberg

Andyberg

Free Member
Oct 8, 2020
North West
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
w2f

Great first post (y) and a great plan.
But that seems like quite a heavy bike for the garage, it will have a big impact on your payload.
Others with more technical knowledge will be along to advise I`m sure.
Well theres the first thing Ive researched since joining...Never even thought about payload with a van with a seperate garage, something I need to be aware of! Cheers

OP
OP
Andyberg

Andyberg

Free Member
Oct 8, 2020
North West
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Welcome strange as I am full timing in a moterhome and looking to get a narrow boat as wel
Hi.. Narrowboating is a great life, highly recommended, Just be prepared for the 101 times Gongoozling folk ask ‘isn't it cold in winter’? 🙄

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
me thinks nasher could be an interesting conversation

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
A good place to start your search would be to become a full member for £15.
Then you can download the Motorhome buyers guide from resources section.
Lots of useful information

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
:hiya2:w2f

Pirahna

Free Member
Aug 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Exp
Since never. I've been a lightweight tent camper for the last 45 years.
Sounds like a good plan. You might need to look at a van rated higher than 3.5t. Off the top of my head, so probably wrong, a 3.5t Crafter can be uprated to 4t with little to no modification, a Sprinter is similar. Both can be bought up to 5t. The highest rated van I know if is the Iveco Daily, available in a 7t version.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back