Holidaying or ‘Living Abroad’. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Our couple of months in the Spring and then in the Autumn each year contrasts with our few weeks abroad when we were working. Then we liked to cram as much as possible into the holiday. Now my wife still tells people that we are going on holiday but I always correct her saying that we are ‘living abroard’ for a few months. Our first long break after retiring saw us drinking and sunbathing a lot but an ever increasing awareness of the dangers of such actiivities mean that we have had to drastically reduce time spent on such ‘holidaying’ activities. We live a more quieter relaxed life abroad now doing a lot of the things we do at home but in much nicer weather…reading, walking the dog, people watching etc . Would others believe they are holidaying or living abroad?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If I suggest doing something that cost money the boss says "we are only away from home we are not on holiday".

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Somewhere in between for us, we go out a lot and sit in the sun, go to the pool and beach. But not every day like we would on a 2 week holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Wife calls it a "relocation"; still have to do the cooking, cleaning etc.

A "holiday" for her is when somebody else does all the work.

Ermm..

Hang on a minute.................................!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back