Hob ignition problem (2 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2019
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2005
I have a Carthago C Tourer T 150 (2018) with a Profi Gourmet 3-burner hob. The hob ignition has stopped working on all burners (immediately after cleaning it with a damp cloth) - no clicking, nothing at all. I can light the burners with a gas lighter and the burners will stay on after the sensor has warmed up for a few seconds. I suspect a fuse but I can't find any reference to a fuse in the owners manual. Does anyone have any previous with this type of thing, or does anyone know if there is a fuse somewhere?

OP
OP
C
Jul 4, 2019
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the welcome, and the reply - I just paid my £20 this afternoon.
Good thought, I did check the sparking thingies. They looked ok but I didn't think about the gap. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Jul 4, 2019
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the reply, but it happened about 2 months ago in Spain - if it's not dry by now it never will be. I couldn't find any reference to a fuse then so my first thought was that I'd have to take the hob out to investigate fully. But the more I think about the more I'm convinced there must be a fuse somewhere.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Thanks for the welcome, and the reply - I just paid my £20 this afternoon.
Good thought, I did check the sparking thingies. They looked ok but I didn't think about the gap. I'll take a look tomorrow.
Unlikely all will have been disturbed at the same time. Have you accidentally disconnected the wire from the sparker switch?
Are the grill and oven sparking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
Try some wd 40 around the ignition switch this works on my smev hob, happens about once a year. That is the hob rocker switch obvs!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I have found that a small bit of anything can bridge the gap and stop the spark.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sounds like a break in the wire somewhere or the connections have dislodged through cleaning, check all the wiring…

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I've changed the spark generator before now - little box with 12v feed one side and then wire off to the hob ignitors. Also had one where the switch to ask for a spark was itself gummed up.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
More than likely the wire connection to the switch has been disturbed underneath or the switch fubared with the damp cloth. You should be able to prise the switch out and give it a clean (make sure your hab electrics are off first) and check if the wires underneath are connected properly.

The switch for our separate grill gave up a couple of years ago, although the dealer sent me a replacement switch to do it myself it made no difference so and was sorted under warranty in the end and was a loose connection. It went again about 3 weeks ago so another job for when I get home.

To add insult to injury my gas light gave up the ghost too so I had to get a new one, €2.20 in a cheaper shop and I love it! So much easier to use than my old posh one and a lovely lime green colour so I can find it easily when hubby doesn't put it back in it usually spot! 😄

Just to add the reason why I use a gas lighter, our 3 ring hob has a split cover so we can lift just the smaller section covering one burner and leave the larger side down as workspace but the designer in his wisdom put the igniter switch under the larger section so lifting it to light the single ring defeated the benefit, hence a gas lighter to light the single burner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Jul 4, 2019
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2005
My hob has a switch for each burner, activated by pushing in the burner control knob. I've checked the wiring and all seems to be in order. I can't believe that all switches have gone at the same time. Still haven't found the fuse - there must be one somewhere.
I'm starting to find the low tech gas lighter solution quite attractive - and probably more foolproof.
If I solve it I'll let you know (but I'm going to keep the gas lighter topped up anyway) .
Thanks to all.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If your 12v Distribuition box is a CBE DS520 unit there appears to be a spark ignitions fuse fitted , 3amp 6th from the right , but is described as for the cooker and fridge ignition also a gas valve .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back