Hi Everyone, Newbie in need of hep with a step issue please (1 Viewer)

Bobfox

Free Member
Sep 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria i707SG
Exp
Im a newbie
Total newbies here
Picked up our Adria I707 last week from a dealer, spent a week trying to work out how everything went together and worked along with a few heated discussions with the dealer who seemed to blame everything on others and COVID. I know its aging but we still paid a lot of money for it
Went away this weekend to Stourport to try it out, we had a lovely few days and most things worked OK but there seems to be one really worrying issue. The step although retracted before we left and double checked, when we arrived there and back home it was extended.
Can anyone help please?

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Does it have an alarm? Most have a buzzer to warn if it is out

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Is the step locked out or can you push it in by hand

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Did it "used" to come in when you turned the engine on and bleep as you did it and now it doesnt ?

If that is the case then the relay is a good bet.

You ll need to provide model and age for someone to identify where it is (underneath the van where it can pick up gunk would be a good guess)

reperable in the first instance by use of wd40 and luck, in the second instance a new relay which can cost up to a ton or a 2 bottles of cheap wine for a PHD student studying electronic engineering in my case, then sealing it better than the manufacturer

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Steps are a pia. Glad I havenā€™t got one.

OP
OP
B

Bobfox

Free Member
Sep 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria i707SG
Exp
Im a newbie
Thank you for your welcome
On the step issue
No there is no alarm
I havenā€™t tried to see if it comes back in when the ignition is on I have just used the switch by the door to retract it before driving off
Am I missing something
Where is the relay, near the unit or somewhere else?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Does it work at all now?
Some had a weak actuating shaft that snapped. Once broken, they don't work at all and need replacing.
Replacement is pretty simple.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome šŸ˜„, to be honest we purchased our hymer 2003 last summer..after reading about electric steps ..this and that happening with them..ours worked well and yes our buzzer goes off, if left out ..but we decided on having a 2 step of our own, don't use our electric step...but put it out every now and then, just to keep mechanics moving, yes sounds pointless..but had my knee replaced and happier with our own height of step...suits better..good luck. (y)

OP
OP
B

Bobfox

Free Member
Sep 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria i707SG
Exp
Im a newbie
As I discovered this morning on my way to the garage to have other bits fixed the step comes out when the ignition is turned on and it wont retract on the internal switch but if I turn off the ignition and use the internal switch it will go both ways in and out

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
As I discovered this morning on my way to the garage to have other bits fixed the step comes out when the ignition is turned on and it wont retract on the internal switch but if I turn off the ignition and use the internal switch it will go both ways in and out

Sounds like it's been wired up ass about face if it's going out with the ignition on.
The dealer should correct it for you because it's both dangerous and likely to cause extensive damage if you hit a curb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back