Help

Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Posts
77
Likes collected
120
Location
Mold
Funster No
24,396
MH
Low Profile
Exp
2012
On a resent trip to Scotland I had to be relayed back home, which in itself is a different story.
The Problem that caused this incident was that the Temperature Gauge kept on spiking just for 2 or 3 seconds it would then return to normal but not before it juddered a few times and 1 time completely ground to a halt. I have taken it to an auto electrician who is having trouble finding the the cause of the issue. He thinks that it could be a faulty ECU????? (This sounds expensive to replace)
It is an Adria Matrix 670 SL Axess with a 2 Lt Citroen Relay engine.
I would really appreciate If someone has experienced this or has any advice on how to resolve this problem.
Many thanks
Timbow
 
I assume he tested the temperature sensor;
And it’s wiring.
What fault codes were showing from the ecu scan?
Was the engine getting very hot ?
The ecu reacts to the information from the sensor and as it was spiking and then returning to normal if the engine was not overheating then it has to be temperature sensor related, that could include the wiring of the sensor.
 
I'm never a fan of just throwing new parts at a vehicle, but a temp sensor should only cost about £10 or £11 on E-Bay & take ten mins to fit, so that'd be my first port of call & even if that isn't the answer, at least the sensor is eliminated.
Its an easy DIY job too.
 
I assume he tested the temperature sensor;
And it’s wiring.
What fault codes were showing from the ecu scan?
Was the engine getting very hot ?
The ecu reacts to the information from the sensor and as it was spiking and then returning to normal if the engine was not overheating then it has to be temperature sensor related, that could include the wiring of the sensor.
Thanks Phil The error codes tht the AA put on the report are Engine Management 1 -AHM/Engine management CR/EDC Delphi 6.2 V2 U0074-CAN network, PO215 Main relay P1631-Engine management suspect body control fault. To be honest I have limited knowledge or understanding of these matters. The engine was definitely not getting hot that was the 1st thing the AA mechanic checked at the road side. He also put in the report suspect body control module fault. I need to ask him if has he has tested the temperature sensors.
TimBow
 
A failing ECU will throw up all sorts of weird warnings I had a lorry throw up gearbox issues and go into limp mode minutes all faults cleared themselves lorry ran OK an hour later another bucket load of faults and that was ECU
 
The body control module fault could be the result of an intermittent canbus communication problem with the temperature sensor or the sensor circuitry.

I would not be replacing the body control module without some real evidence it is the problem.

if you can do a diy sensor change then that’s what I would do first. You may get lucky!

After that you need a proper system diagnostics check.i believe if the body module was faulty then you would likely have other intermittent issues popping up as well.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Citroen 1ltr .
 
A spiking temp sensor will not make the van grind to a halt, the first thing I would look at is all your grounding negative cables, you’ll be able to cheek and replace these for a few £’s… also I would add another from the gearbox to chassis and engine to chassis… for £20 you’ll rule out a whole host of worries….
 
As said fit a new earth strap. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins and then reconnect to see if its all settled down (y)
 
Last edited:
The body control module fault could be the result of an intermittent canbus communication problem with the temperature sensor or the sensor circuitry.

I would not be replacing the body control module without some real evidence it is the problem.

if you can do a diy sensor change then that’s what I would do first. You may get lucky!

After that you need a proper system diagnostics check.i believe if the body module was faulty then you would likely have other intermittent issues popping up as well.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Citroen 1ltr .
Thanks for the advice Phil. As far as I understand from the Auto Electric Mechanic. There was other issues showing which he cleared and checked on. As I said even a simple DIY sensory change would be beyond my skills. I will ask the garage though if the could try this 1st. Thanks again Timbow
 
A spiking temp sensor will not make the van grind to a halt, the first thing I would look at is all your grounding negative cables, you’ll be able to cheek and replace these for a few £’s… also I would add another from the gearbox to chassis and engine to chassis… for £20 you’ll rule out a whole host of worries….
From what I understand he checked a load of the wires. He did explain and showed me on his laptop. (Unfortunately he might as well have been speaking double dutch). The van did not grind to a halt only on the one occasion and it started almost immediately. All other times it just jolts and then carries on till it happens again which might be instant or not for a few miles. I will ask him if he has done theses checks as you suggest. Thanks Timbow
 

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Forum posts reflect the views of individual users and not MotorhomeFun.
MotorhomeFun does not endorse or verify user-generated content.

Back
Top