Help with Toilet Stops (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
T5.1
Hi, hoping you are able to help me.

We are 4 adults and a dog travelling from Calais to Penmarche soon, I have found the aires in Honfleur that looks ok to stop at for a toilet break and let the dog stretch her legs (and us of course :) ) however, I am a bit stuck where to stop thereafter.

Ideally we would like a stop within 2 to 3 hours of Honfleur enroute to Penmarche for another toilet break and another stretch of our legs.

Where would you all recommend to park up for a break of about 30 - 45 minutes ?

Thank you in advance

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hi, hoping you are able to help me.

We are 4 adults and a dog travelling from Calais to Penmarche soon, I have found the aires in Honfleur that looks ok to stop at for a toilet break and let the dog stretch her legs (and us of course :) ) however, I am a bit stuck where to stop thereafter.

Ideally we would like a stop within 2 to 3 hours of Honfleur enroute to Penmarche for another toilet break and another stretch of our legs.

Where would you all recommend to park up for a break of about 30 - 45 minutes ?

Thank you in advance
You will have to pay to go into the aire at honfleur so will be an expensive pee. France has loads of roadside aires and picnic stops, a lot of villages will have aires to pop into for a break or somewhere to park up.

OP
OP
R
May 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
T5.1
You will have to pay to go into the aire at honfleur so will be an expensive pee. France has loads of roadside aires and picnic stops, a lot of villages will have aires to pop into for a break or somewhere to park up.
Oh I did not know this, thank you.

We will definitely need somewhere with clean toilets as we don’t have a toilet in the camper

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think the supermarket suggestion is very good. To find them I would use Google Maps and just enter "supermarket" "supermarché" or "hypermarché" in the search bar. "Supermarket" seems to return the most but many will be small ones without loos. "Hypermarché" seems a good bet as the enclosed screenshot of the last part of your journey shows. You might be lucky and even find some grass around the edges of the parking for the dog. Go for the larger Leclerc, Carrefour or Intermarché for the best prospects.

And Welcome!

Screenshot_20240524-164908.png

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No toilets at honflur but if you go on the motorway there are loads of motorway Aires that although many on here say don't park on them at night they are fine to just use the toilet and they are usually clean.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My daughter has a T6 and bought the basic bog in a bucket for emergencies. Some of the motorway toilets are pretty foul. The supermarkets are better but their opening hours are less than the UK so you can get caught out. They are a last resort but could get you out of a sticky situation.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
If you are at Honfleur then this supermarket has great toilet facilities, good parking and a fuel station. I have used it a lot when camping next door on a large campsite. Look for it on Google maps

Intermarché SUPER Équemauville

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We stop at Aire de Baie de Somme especially for the dog. Big open space for him to run and very good facilities
Well before Honfleur though
This trip after Baie de Somme we stopped at LeClerc hypermarket straight off the A29 and refuelledFuel is a walk away from the new hypermarket ( looks like the old one burnt down..) but we commented that it looked a very good overnighter!! The old car park empty
Some grassy bits for the dog but on lead

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We tend to think after the journey to the tunnel Baie de Somme N hour away is long enough for the dog
And after a good run there he settles for the next haul !

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We have overnighted in municipal campsite at Pont Farcy on our way to Brittany just off the A84
Not as cheap as it was I don’t think but nice site on the river Vire with adequate loos and showers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back