Help with Erberspacher heater issue needed please (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Hi,
I am hoping that someone has a solution to a problem I am having with the Erberspacher heater in the van. When switched on it progresses through the start up cycle until the third stage and then, at twelve minutes, cuts out. It does this each time its switched on and so cant be used.

Any ideas?

Thank You,

Lorraine x

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi.. what do you mean by third stage.... does it fire up and run (for 12 min ) or for a short time , or not actually get going at all..
If the first ie it runs for a short time it may be overheating ..check the air inlet isn't blocked (I'm assuming it an air tonic )
If it's going through the start up cycle but not lighting it could be a number of things but the flame sensing may have failed.. has it always worked reliably up until now.??
Andy.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Unfortunately I cannot help except to point out that there are many sites if you google 'eberspacher troubleshooting'.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Thank you for your responses @andy63 and @phil1946. I had a good read of the troubleshooting articles and forums but nothing seemed to fit the symptoms.

The good news is that it now appears to be working perfectly again. I really have no idea what happened!

Thank you,

Lorraine x
That's great...perhaps a service. ..because these things can reoccur at the most inconvenient times...
Hope not..
Andy.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
On our old van if the voltage was low the Erberspacher ECU would shut down the heater, not saying thats the prob just thinking aloud :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
the most common problem is battery voltage being too low,
the leads need to be large and the shortage length you can manage,
if the power is being taken from the starter battery then having the engine running when you fire up the heater will help,
the glow plug on the heater take quite a few amps on startup,

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
On our old van if the voltage was low the Erberspacher ECU would shut down the heater, not saying thats the prob just thinking aloud :)

the most common problem is battery voltage being too low,
the leads need to be large and the shortage length you can manage,
if the power is being taken from the starter battery then having the engine running when you fire up the heater will help,
the glow plug on the heater take quite a few amps on startup,

Just found this thread again. Yes, the issue wasn’t with the heater but with the leisure batteries. Relieved to say that the heater has been performing faultlessly since the leisure batteries were fully charged. Thank you.

Lorraine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back