Help - water coming straight out when filling (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I was trying to drain it (now) in cas no need to take it apart and fiddle with stuff. Anyway update. I've kicked it hit it called it names and screamed while pressing stuff. Filling it up and the water is no longer draining out. Pump is off too. Thanks for all your help - I feel relived like you would not imagine! So - to stop this happening in Scotland- leave the water on and eat up into gas, or is there another ingenious solution I can fashion up?
I have one like this and it sounds like pain in the bum if you go cold weather camping. My experience is its got to get lower than 7 degrees for a pipe to freeze. Is your tank & pipework internal or external IE winterised ? Maybe just capping the end of the input pipe to the valve would do it, but if the system overpressures there would be a problem. If you can switch off the water pump seperately, how about leaving a tap open to guard against over pressure due to frost ?

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
My van is winterised. I think we will leave the heating on low.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My van is winterised. I think we will leave the heating on low.
If you have been using the heating during the evening there should be enough latent heat in the van to avoid any problems, with the blue mechanical dump valve (as yours) it has to get down 3 deg before it dumps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back