Help - Vehicle Battery replacement (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We've got a 2013 Autotrail Frontier Savannah (Fiat Ducato 2.3 base) and after having an issue with the airbag control unit due to a low battery warning I've been keeping an eye on it.
The "at rest" voltage across the terminals is, generally, around 12.4-12.6v. This drops to 10.8v when starting the engine (don't know if this is relevant).
Anyway, as it's over 7 years old was starting to think it's maybe time for a new one however a few questions to the techie leccy guys first -
  • given the above voltages what do the team think about replace or not?
  • there are the screw caps on the top of the battery, should it have been getting topped up or is it maintenance free?
  • it's 12v \ 95Ah \ 800A battery but hoping not to have to take it out, to find out brand, until replacement arrives, does anybody know?
  • sizes are difficult to get accurate given location but it's around 360 x 185 x 190mm, if not replacing like for like any recommendations as to suitable alternative?
Advice very much appreciated.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I know access is difficult but can you see side of battery or label on top.
Most common engine battery for the chassis used to be 017 or 019 battery. You can Google the dimensions and see if my guess is correct. Same footprints but different heights.
7 years is a good life for a battery.

Battery master offer doorstep delivery, not sure if we get discount but was good price anyway for my son's Fiesta battery last month.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back