Help Van Bitz Alarm prob (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Yup 2 x CR1220 batteries, gently prise open the radio key case, bearing in mind if he\she breaks it it will be expected that it is replaced with a new one, the batteries are slid out in the holding clip in a retaining ring, polarity checked, new ones replaced in the retaining ring, observing correct polarity. The new batteries in the retaining ring is slid back into the holding clip and the holding clip and then the circuit board is relocated into the case, including the fiddly key ring strap and the plastic case is carefully clipped back together, and knowing Timpsons, tested

A tenner!

As I say I don’t think that that is a ripp off
You make it sound like open heart surgery eddie.o_O

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You make it sound like open heart surgery eddie.o_O
Well to be fair if you’ve never done it before you need to think about what your doing, chances are the person in Timpsons has never seen that type before

That particular radio key hasn’t been used for years 10 -12 at least from memory and can be a bugger to prise open without breaking it, and when it does eventually ‘pop’ open the innards fly out all over the place lol

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Changed mine on a car fob once, cocked it up. Cost me more than a tenner to get it fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you are able to replace your own batteries then fine, if not the charge Timpsons make sounds very reasonable to me too.
After a lifetime working in retail I know the sort of overheads they have to pay for a high street premises, staff etc,etc.
£10 for the convenience of someone else doing it while you wait is excellent IMHO.

Richard.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Some people think a shop can survive with no expenses.
There are some people who can DIY and others who cant, small shops offer a service. You would think they are there for free if you listen to some people.

I used to have high street shops.
After I paid.
Rent
Rates
Staff
Electric
Maintenance
Insurance
Accountant
Advertising
Security
Stock
Vehicle
Fuel
Parking
I had Funk all left for me.

I offered great service to all my customers, but got sick of working for everyone else but me.
I now work to suit me and my family more. I now work from home.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Have to agree sounds a reasonable cost to me people who complain I find usually either used to work in the public sector and have no idea how much it costs to run a business or used to work in a trade where they thought their charges were reasonable and everyone else ought to do it for nothing.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Timpsons did it.... :) £10.

Jesus wept - £1 off ebay for 10.

PS......

After reading the smooth talking Mr Vanbitz's comment I grudgingly have to agree with him. I just thank god I'm not a blond, I could not afford it.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I wonder how we allow anyone to make money these days...

Job needed doing,

£10 job done----

customer happy , "R" Joy gets van fixed..
Timpson happy, he makes a few quid to heat, run, pay staff, rates, equipment, and numerous other things .. and whats more stays in business so I can get a key cut shoe polished or whatever in the future....

IS this not what got everyone the money they needed to buy their vehicles ? it's called an economy...

Glad it's all sorted Joy...

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Absolutely if you can, but I think it’s good that shops can help people and make a small, reasonable charge

Let’s be honest, how much profit does Timpsons make for selling three quids worth of batteries? And the ten minutes or so spent with Moran has to be paid for

Ultimately why should some expect something for nothing?
I’ve just come back from Timpsons to have a spare key cut £6 for about 10 seconds work.....but that seems reasonable to me. Doing something I cannot do myself, using special equipment and being in a convenient location in Sainsbury’s carpark.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Absolutely if you can, but I think it’s good that shops can help people and make a small, reasonable charge

Let’s be honest, how much profit does Timpsons make for selling three quids worth of batteries? And the ten minutes or so spent with Moran has to be paid for

Ultimately why should some expect something for nothing?

Oi! o_O It's MOVAN not Moron ..... :(

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Toys R Us and Maplin went pop today, I wonder what there overheads were. ????? :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I'm with you Joy, very happy to pay for that sort of thing. Timpsons are always very helpful I find. Like you only one of our keys is electronic.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
So glad you got it sorted Joy and for a reasonable price. I can’t beleive the amount of folks on here saying, rip off, would not pay that, you were done. No she was not ripped off, she was not done. Do you folk that are saying these things never pay anyone to do things you can not do. NO if you can not do some thing you have to pay someone who can. And if every body had the that’s a rip off attitude there would be no high street shops.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
........and when it does eventually ‘pop’ open the innards fly out all over the place lol
The later (2017) fobs are easier to open, with a single retaining screw and no flying bits :D

If I'd read this thread or the instructions first, I would have known each fob takes 2 x CR1220 batteries and not a single one :whistle:, fortunately I bought a 4 pack, intending keeping two as spares.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The later (2017) fobs are easier to open, with a single retaining screw and no flying bits :D

If I'd read this thread or the instructions first, I would have known each fob takes 2 x CR1220 batteries and not a single one :whistle:, fortunately I bought a 4 pack, intending keeping two as spares.
Probably earlier than 2017. We had ours fitted in late 2015 and it also has a little screw to open it. Not sure about the flying bits though because we have not needed to open it yet.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
No Batteries needed
images

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Also, certainly with watch batteries, Timpson's have a lifetime guarantee meaning they will replace the batteries for free forever. We have 4 watches between us that we will never have to pay for a battery for again, as long as we go to Timpson's. You get a certificate which has the make and serial number of the watch. That's not bad for a tenner each.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back