Help us please (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Hello I have fallen in love with a 2015 Swift bessacarr 496
My other half thinks it’s too big.

What models have the electric pull down bed and a rear u shaped lounge please? Don’t need 6 berth only need 4 but looking for as much space as possible. Thank you in advance

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Not sure this will help you much but speaking from experience, we bought a Swift Bolero because we liked the space. However that same space will likely become storage especially if you have 4 people. You need to consider things like all that outdoor paraphernalia such as chairs windbreaks, footballs, toys etc. and where it would go as well as bedding if you have to make up one or more beds. You might find underneath storage is quite limited and you end up with everything taking up your floor space.:unsure:
Just something to consider.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Burstner ixeo I744 but a class A van
so c1 required has a rear and front electric drop down beds doubles,
you would have to consider pay load ? Has small garage due to lounge.
But fair bit of space for chairs table etc but not bikes as too low .

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We have a similar Burstner IEXO 736. Yes it requires C1 licence at 7.5 mgrs we don’t find it too big. It came on the heavy chassis plated at 4000 KG but we had to up rate it to 4500 KG as by the time we added the bells and whistles we were running out of payload and thats just with 2 of us. But we try to do 90 days EU twice a year. With respect if you haven’t had a motorhome before it might pay you to hire a similar size one first. Many have bought their first one only to find it takes a couple of different and wish they had bought the third van first. (We are on No 17 but have been at it over 40 years !) good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
These maybe worth considering
Mclouis Fusion 330
Roller Team T-Line 700 (not much shorter)
Pilote P696U Evidence

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back