Help please! Truma 6E Error W255 H Can’t find Reset Button (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
I have a problem in my Truma 6E heater in my 2019 Chausson 727 GA. Arrived on campsite today, turned heating on, no heat or hot water but code W255 H . Tried to reset on the panel but now it wont reconnect to the boiler. I have read here about resetting the microswitch but there doesn’t seem to be one on this model (It is the diesel version not gas) or am I missing something? or alternatively something to disconnect reconnect? Unfortunately access is very difficult attached a couple of pics . Thanks IA

IMG_8515.jpeg

IMG_8514.jpeg

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
W255H = No 12v supply to the boiler or problem with the data cable between the heater and control panel , is the 12v fuse on the heater ok and , as suggested , check if there is 12v supply at the heater and if not there may be a 12v fuse on the habitation PSU for the heater (the control should have its own 12v supply)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
On our motorhome, there is a fused output on the Schaudt EBL 30.

If yours uses the Schaudt EBL check the fuse labelled Heizung

OP
OP
therealvicz
Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Thanks for your quick replies. I have already checked the main motorhome hab fuses. Tomorrow I’ll check the fuses on the unit & let you know. Meanwhile we chickened out at 2 degrees and went home.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
If your 6e is the same as mine then the reset button is on the PCB, as shown in this photo.

20240115_085031.png

OP
OP
therealvicz
Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Just a quick update, checked both fuses in the unit and they are OK. Disconnected the hab battery, waited a bit, reconnected and still the warning triangle and W255 message came back straight away. Time call in a pro I guess.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Might be worth tracking it back first with a multi-meter to see where the 12v runs out ...

OP
OP
therealvicz
Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Thanks for all your replies to date. My local dealer found that there was no power on the 12v, because the van fuse had blown, despite me having replaced it and it seeming to be Ok, in fact what is happening is that as soon as you can make the control panel connect to the boiler the fuse blows. After some passing from pillar to post Truma technical support reckon it’s either a PCB fault, a glow plug fault, or a diesel pump fault. I’ve booked it in to their Derby workshop but can’t get in before Feb 21st. In the meantime I’m hoping for some inspiration or maybe trying to find someone nearer Telford who might be able to help me take this forward.

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
Just found your post I had this fault and it was the 12v ground cable to heater in the plug inside the CBE fuse unit that wasn’t making good contact , worth jiggling it about to see if it comes on ,Also worth checking the Live plug to the heater also inside CBE fuse unit

OP
OP
therealvicz
Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Just found your post I had this fault and it was the 12v ground cable to heater in the plug inside the CBE fuse unit that wasn’t making good contact , worth jiggling it about to see if it comes on ,Also worth checking the Live plug to the heater also inside CBE fuse unit
Interesting, I didn’t look under the cover of the fusebox. The vans in storage atm but I’ll have a look when we fetch it back prior to taking it to Truma on 21st . Thanks.

OP
OP
therealvicz
Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
An update following our day at Truma. They put the boiler on a bench and ran diagnostic tests which found no faults. They re-installed it, fitted a new fuse, filled some water, and it worked perfectly on all modes and fuel types! After testing it for several hours it continues to work perfectly. So, good news up to a point I suppose. Maybe a PCB glitch that got reset, or a wiring fault or loose connection that got fixed, who knows. Truma charged me a reasonable one hours labour, £80 or so inc vat, and left me contact details in case what apparently went away by itself decides to come back by itself, but for now, apparently fixed…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back