Help No interior lights or tv. (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Just checked my linterior lighting, nothing. That's lights and tv. The sockets, fridge and water pump working fine. I have checked the fuse box nothing tripped, the fuses look ok, wiring I can see ok. Anybody on here got any ideas. It would be appreciated

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Agree with above as can't rely on just a visual check. Multimeter šŸ‘
Also helps to give more information like the make and model of your van and the system fitted ie Electroblock, Sargent etc. I know on my Burstner it was a fuse in the Electroblock that did the TV, some lights and other sockets.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I have found when stuff like this happens itā€™s a fuse change them all on the 12 volt side not the big 30/50 amp ones unless you have spares. Cheap and easy to do šŸ‘šŸ˜·

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Visual checks of blade fuses can give a false impression that they are okay as the 'break' can often be very, very small. Try swapping the 'good' one for the socket circuit for the lighting circuit to see if it works, if so then it's the fuse, if not then the issue lies elsewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
westhamman
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
So thanks for the advice, I have checked the fuses with meter, changed the fuses about, when fuse removed it shows up on control panel. My next door neighbour a electrician unfortunately not motorhome one has checked power in and out on fuse box etc still no lights,tv or toilet

OP
OP
westhamman
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
Anyhow thanks again, I went out to kick the van, thought i hadnt tried the boiler, turned the thermostat on hoping it worked, waited for boiler to kick in turned around lights are all on, tv on. So they are working for now, keeping my fingers crossed.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Anyhow thanks again, I went out to kick the van, thought i hadnt tried the boiler, turned the thermostat on hoping it worked, waited for boiler to kick in turned around lights are all on, tv on. So they are working for now, keeping my fingers crossed.
That's the ultimate solution! Ain't workin' - kick it!(y)
Pleased to hear you're up and running again.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's the ultimate solution! Ain't workin' - kick it!(y)
Pleased to hear you're up and running again.(y)
Its not as daft as it sounds, if its a loose connector somewhere kicking it may jolt it so it connects again!

OP
OP
westhamman
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
There will be no door slamming going on. It's just odd, it goes for some paintwork tomorrow, so will not be able to keep trying these things as I'm prone to doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back