Help needed with grey water disposal on an Autotrail Tracker. (1 Viewer)

Tartansporran

Free Member
Aug 9, 2017
Funster No
Hi,

Newbie here! I need to buy some flexible hose to connect my 5cm/2inch diameter grey water outlet tap on my 2015 Autotrail Tracker RB to a grey water container. Any recommendations on hose and a grey water container which has an inlet orafice suitable to receive a 5cm/2inch diameter hose? Suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Various waste water containers out there online, eg Wastehog, Wastemaster, etc. Not sure on why you need one though unless you cannot get motorhome over grey water dump point.
Fish pond supplier should be able to help you out with an appropriate corrugated pipe.

OP
OP
T

Tartansporran

Free Member
Aug 9, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the tip on fish pond supplier - great. As for your puzzlement about why I want a grey water container. Just in case I am missing something with my inexperience: I tried a two night stay in at a local campsite as a tester for new Motorhome and work out what kit I needed. Each pitch had blue water supply, electricity, and an individual grey drain. The grey drain was positioned behind pitch so a piece of tube would be required to get grey water from outlet to drain. Half way through my stay I had to drive through site to exit to dump my grey water over a grey water dump drain and then drive back to pitch. I have been told that not all sites have grey water drains at pitches so at these sights I am planning to use a grey water container to wheel to drain and save driving motorhome back and forward every day or so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A bucket's good.
But if you have a drain on your pitch & you're staying there any length of time it seems a shame not to drain-as-you-go - you'll have paid extra for the privilege.
However, individual drains are rare.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
As @CWH said these pitches are not common, usually termed super pitch they are very good if you spend time in one place. This is what we use, convuluted hose, make sure you get the right internal diameter.

Oh, and welcome to Fun, the best motorhome site you can join, allegedly. :LOL:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
As @CWH said these pitches are not common, usually termed super pitch they are very good if you spend time in one place. This is what we use, convuluted hose, make sure you get the right internal diameter.

Oh, and welcome to Fun, the best motorhome site you can join, allegedly. :LOL:
We were parked up for 4 weeks once on a super pitch in Norfolk - fresh water linked in, grey water hosed to a drain, private grassed area, even a dog thrown in for company... (well, not literally 'thrown'...) ;):rolleyes::whistle:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We used to have a 2006 AT Tracker, I was lazy and just bought the pipe which AT sell via the accessories section on their website (a little pricey I recall). Fortunately, the pipe is consistent with the grey waste outlet on our current van. I've found it very useful.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Johns Cross sell one and you would get a Funster discount, perhaps first just confirm it is compatible for your van?:-

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/auto-trail-waste-outlet-extension-hose-2m.html

When necessary, we sometimes use the hose with a 20L waste tank (black plastic) from CAK Tanks. This is not very big and fits unobtrusively in our under floor skirt locker.
CAKTank.PNG

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We were parked up for 4 weeks once on a super pitch in Norfolk - fresh water linked in, grey water hosed to a drain, private grassed area, even a dog thrown in for company... (well, not literally 'thrown'...) ;):rolleyes::whistle:

You must PM me where that is. don't want the freeloaders wild campers spoiling it. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
You must PM me where that is. don't want the freeloaders wild campers spoiling it. :)
A lovely place, nice owners, pity about the other moho being so close though :LOL:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
driving motorhome back and forward every day or so
How many of you in the moho?
There are some easy ways to use less water, just ask if you haven't come across them yet.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You can usually leave the grey water tank a few days between emptying, the Tracker's got a good capacity. But you need to be a bit "fussy" about what you drain into it to avoid unpleasant niffs. It's not like a domestic drain so avoid anything greasy (wipe everything with kitchen roll before washing up), water used to cook rice (better in the loo) etc.
Also shower "economically" - water down first, turn off shower and soap all over then rinse off sparingly. Added benefit, you don't have to fill the fresh water tank so often. If you have to have a full-blown shower use a campsite facility.

Just a caution about using a receptacle - make sure you can get it under the waste outlet. We sometimes have a problem on uneven ground so I carry a washing machine outlet hose which I've adapted to screw on for those times, or when there's a convenient draining point when parked up............................!

Oh, and :welcome4:

Reactions: CWH
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Dont forget that there are places who insist that grey water containers are covered.
We find on caravan club ( even tho they now like motorhomes) that the wastes is often not easy to get to so we carry a Wastemaster tank which fits nicely on the bike rack when its empty its of practically no weight.
To make it easier to fit onto the bike rack I was amazed to find that the axle and the wheels just clip off, so I keep them in the back locker as we do with the tank if the bike rack is folded up, ie as on a ferry.

Mike & Ann

OP
OP
T

Tartansporran

Free Member
Aug 9, 2017
Funster No
How many of you in the moho?
There are some easy ways to use less water, just ask if you haven't come across them yet.
Two of us; we like our showers and we like cooking so can expect a fair bit of waste water as we don't plan on using site shower blocks etc. There won't be a bucket big enough! A large diameter hose and grey water container will be the way ahead for us methinks. Thanks for all your helpful suggestions and welcome messages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back