Help needed electric problem, (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2000 Pilote G240
Exp
I have a 2000 fiat ducato 2.8tdi electrical problems, everything was working fine, turned engine off next day would not start, when I managed to get it started fuel gauge reads near empty, temp gauge no reading but turn on light switch (no lights working at all) but temp gauge reads max, rev counter nothing, no wipers or indicators. New ignition switch fitted and some relays, fuses checked but problem persists, anybody have experience who could help.

OP
OP
P
Aug 27, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2000 Pilote G240
Exp

To Vikdikdok & Stealaway thank you for your input, I had cleaned both earth points in the engine bay when the problem first happened, so knew they were ok, as you both instantly said bad earth, I re-examined the wireing diagrams and noticed another earth point under the dashboard which took a bit of finding anyway cleaned the terminals and success all started working. Thank you again for your assistance.​

Upvote 0

Geomore

Free Member
Feb 14, 2021
Not far from the Henge
Funster No
MH
Adria Sun-Living S70
Exp
since 2021
Our circa 2000 transit dash went nuts (disco lights and needles) a few years back. Apparently it's a common transit issue - water gets in at the bottom of the windscreen and soaks the instrument cluster PCB. Pulling it and drying it all out for a few days sorted the problem. I'm not sure if Fiats have a history of this, but if the problem persists, it might be worth checking for water ingress around the area. After all, we've just had a lot of rain?

Edit: thought this was dated 1 may, oops!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back