Help - Love ADAC but can't read German (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Just received the attached fro ADAC but as I am unable to read German I could do with a translation. Anybody out there "Deutsch sprechen"?

Attachments

• ADAC 130917001.pdf
    285.3 KB · Views: 60

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I've had the same problem. Just joined but can't make out any of the paperwork or emails

Wyn

Reactions: kip
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
You can copy and paste the emails into google translator,it might make sense of it :D not sure about the written bits!

image.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I had the same issue with ADAC. They produce 'sales' information in English but the nitty gritty contract is all in German so was unsure of exactly what they would cover, what conditions applied and how I would get on in the event of needing their assistance. I no longer have a policy with ADAC but I know many people swear by them.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I think it's telling you that they are no longer sending out copies of ADAC engine world as the price of sending it outside Germany has increased between 3 and 4 times, instead they suggest that you register for an electronic version at www.adac.de/epaper with the added bonus that the electronic version is better for the environment, if you have any questions don't hesitate to give them a call.

I have to say that i am not a German speaker but this is my interpretation of the output from Google Translate. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks but it is only a .pdf so I have no way of putting into the translator, I think.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Thanks but it is only a .pdf so I have no way of putting into the translator, I think.

There is a way of doing it if you have Adobe Acrobat proffesional by opening the document going to edit and then select all it will then ask you if you want to run text analysis which you do, after that you can copy and paste into google translate however the text analysis is not brilliant so results can be a bit garbled.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
It is, in fact, telling you that because of postage costs, and their wish to keep membership costs low, they're stopping sending out the magazine to members who live abroad. You can, however, register for access to an online copy - but if you don't read German you probably won't want to :D.
I do hope we won't lose the access to ADAC membership as a result of Brexit :sick:.

Deleted User
ADAC conditions in English maybe of use to some, not sure how up to date they are

Attachments

• ADAC Conditions.pdf
    79.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
@bellabee Many thanks for your translation / gist. I had thought that was the case but there has been a number of stories saying ADAC are going to restrict membership to people living in Germany so I did wonder. I may subscribe as I can sometimes get the gist of some articles.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I think it's telling you that they are no longer sending out copies of ADAC engine world as the price of sending it outside Germany has increased between 3 and 4 times, instead they suggest that you register for an electronic version at www.adac.de/epaper with the added bonus that the electronic version is better for the environment, if you have any questions don't hesitate to give them a call.

I have to say that i am not a German speaker but this is my interpretation of the output from Google Translate. :D
Our letter has just arrived. Thanks for the translation. (y)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just got the letter too and was wondering what it was all about as my renewal is due next month. I don't speak German, but now you've given me the gist of things, I can make out parts of it, "die kosten" and die elektronische Ausgabe (E-Paper), thanks. (y)

Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
I use Google translate. You can take a photo using the app highlight the text you want translated and I does it for you on screen. Great for road signs as well.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
You can log on to the Email address they give in the letter and opt for the Email version of the ADAC magazine.
Although my German is ok, I still enjoy all the info and topics in it.
I will do my "log on" and opt for the online version as soon as I finish here.
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back