Help fitting a microwave in ixeo TL 680 G. (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a Burstner Ixeo TL 680 G and I want to fit a microwave in the cupboard directly above the fridge. If anyone has already fitted one in a 680 G or similar I would appreciate knowing where they connected the 240v microwave to the vans 240v wiring. I would assume it’s somewhere at the back of the fridge. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks

May 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
We have a Burstner Ixeo TL 680 G and I want to fit a microwave in the cupboard directly above the fridge. If anyone has already fitted one in a 680 G or similar I would appreciate knowing where they connected the 240v microwave to the vans 240v wiring. I would assume it’s somewhere at the back of the fridge. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks
I would install a new socket in the cupboard and take the feed from inside the garage RH door. The panel is screwed in and there is an unused Burstner multi connection block behind that panel.
We used that connection on our 2019 model 680g for a socket in the garage to charge bikes.
There's also a coax plug in there ready for an aerial amplifier. We used the connection to transfer the external aerial cable from the awning socket into the internal socket (using a female to female barrel socket) so that we could plug an aerial or CAMC bollard feed into the awning socket. Neatly changes it from an output to an input.

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That’s a really big help thank you very much. I’ll be on to it in the morning.
Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I would install a new socket in the cupboard and take the feed from inside the garage RH door. The panel is screwed in and there is an unused Burstner multi connection block behind that panel.
We used that connection on our 2019 model 680g for a socket in the garage to charge bikes.
There's also a coax plug in there ready for an aerial amplifier. We used the connection to transfer the external aerial cable from the awning socket into the internal socket (using a female to female barrel socket) so that we could plug an aerial or CAMC bollard feed into the awning socket. Neatly changes it from an output to an input.
If you do any 12 volt wiring you may not realise that Burstner Brown wires are Negative and Black is Positive (usually so check before connecting any 'electronical' stuff.

May 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thanks for that info also, you would question why on Earth they would do that.
Cheers
It's a thing with them. It probably also generates income for them by not telling everyone. It's like making the aerial socket an output, not an inlet with the excuse that most peeps never watch the telly indoors so they need an outlet in the awning. It takes a few seconds to link the indoor telly feed to the outdoor feed thereby making sensible use of the outdoor socket but ask Burstner dealers what they would charge. The female to female back to back connector cost me £1.80 and the job took less than half an hour (including finding a screw driver). I found the correct plug behind the panel by stuffing a piece of cooking foil in the aerial plug and then checking continuity at the awning outlet using a multimeter. There is more than one. The other one is for connecting an aerial amplifier to.
I'm may be talking unfairly but I'm British and reserve the right to have a home grown opinion!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks for that info also, you would question why on Earth they would do that.
Cheers
It's because its the German/European standard. Why would they change it just for the relatively few UK vans they make?

I would run a wire from the socket by the bed. Don't interfere with the fridge supply

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for your contribution re wire colours. That’s still very odd; when the German/European wiring colours certainly for domestic 230v wiring is exactly like the U.K. why on earth would they change all that to manufacture motorhome’s?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back