Hello we're new to this our first forum (1 Viewer)

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
Ken & Marion Hall, Motorhoming for 40 years, owned 7 motorhomes, latest Carado T135 (Capron) one of Erwyn Hymer's brands. We had a Hymer Van 522 before that. Prefer the German build. We purchased new and imported the Carado from Durrwang in Dortmund in 2016 saving £15,000. We're in our 70s and while we have pensions we're not overrun with money so we economise and save money where we can. I have an engineering background and am not phased by practical challenges, which is more than can be said for coping with lockdown since February due to underlying health issues. However, I write for MMM periodically, about the modifications and accessories that I add to motorhomes. Latest mod is to add a multifunction steering wheel to our vehicle, so i can answer the phone and operate the Blaupunkt 845 music centre/satnav that's fitted in the dash. Real reason is that as we've cancelled 2020 it gives my things to do. We're also directors of Saltburn Folk Festival that should have been happening this very weekend, but never mind, it's postponed to 2021. We're Britstoppers and members of just about every motorhome/caravanning club there is and national trust, English heritage, RSPB, etc, you name it we're members.

Happy to advise on mods additions accessories, that you might want to add to your motorhome/camper.

Aug 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Coachbuilt
Welcome from Northern Ireland. I’m a newbie so interested to see that you bought a Carado like my first buy 5 months ago ( 2016 T339). Not without a few teething problems but hopefully sorted now. Beside the multi function steering wheel anything else you added? I looked at importing but euro pound rate not so good currently and was reasonably happy with price I paid.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
tenor-4.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi & welcome! :hi: We do like mods (have a few ongoing ourselves :) ) & accessories so look forward to your posts.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Ken & Marion Hall, Motorhoming for 40 years, owned 7 motorhomes, latest Carado T135 (Capron) one of Erwyn Hymer's brands. We had a Hymer Van 522 before that. Prefer the German build. We purchased new and imported the Carado from Durrwang in Dortmund in 2016 saving £15,000. We're in our 70s and while we have pensions we're not overrun with money so we economise and save money where we can. I have an engineering background and am not phased by practical challenges, which is more than can be said for coping with lockdown since February due to underlying health issues. However, I write for MMM periodically, about the modifications and accessories that I add to motorhomes. Latest mod is to add a multifunction steering wheel to our vehicle, so i can answer the phone and operate the Blaupunkt 845 music centre/satnav that's fitted in the dash. Real reason is that as we've cancelled 2020 it gives my things to do. We're also directors of Saltburn Folk Festival that should have been happening this very weekend, but never mind, it's postponed to 2021. We're Britstoppers and members of just about every motorhome/caravanning club there is and national trust, English heritage, RSPB, etc, you name it we're members.

Happy to advise on mods additions accessories, that you might want to add to your motorhome/camper.
40 years ! Do you know much about cassette toilets ?

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from rainy Ciren!

(y)

OP
OP
Ken Hall

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
Thank you for your welcoming messages. In response to "what have I done in the way of add-ons, improvements accessories, etc. How long have you got? Seriously though, I am putting together a list of projects, large and small that I have undertaken in the past 10 years and will post it when I work out how!! Work has mainly been on German and European motorhomes which has given me an "in" to where to obtain spares, parts and other bits and pieces at trade prices, as I'm sure you know that all leisure "stuff" is priced and then priced again and while I don't mind a guy making a living, I do object to them making a killing!! So trade prices for me and I'm happy to pass on my sources. As for cassette toilets, that is one area where I am not too familiar, since all the loos in our vans have "performed" well and the only issue I have had is finding the legroom in a bathroom for my 6' 4" body to do what I have to do daily. We don't use campsite facilities and especially not now. We do wild camp a lot and so need to be self sufficient. We carry a camping shovel should the need arise, but it never has done yet. I think it's getting close to dinner so adieu for now.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for your welcoming messages. In response to "what have I done in the way of add-ons, improvements accessories, etc. How long have you got? Seriously though, I am putting together a list of projects, large and small that I have undertaken in the past 10 years and will post it when I work out how!! Work has mainly been on German and European motorhomes which has given me an "in" to where to obtain spares, parts and other bits and pieces at trade prices, as I'm sure you know that all leisure "stuff" is priced and then priced again and while I don't mind a guy making a living, I do object to them making a killing!! So trade prices for me and I'm happy to pass on my sources. As for cassette toilets, that is one area where I am not too familiar, since all the loos in our vans have "performed" well and the only issue I have had is finding the legroom in a bathroom for my 6' 4" body to do what I have to do daily. We don't use campsite facilities and especially not now. We do wild camp a lot and so need to be self sufficient. We carry a camping shovel should the need arise, but it never has done yet. I think it's getting close to dinner so adieu for now.
Sounds like some good material for Motorhome Fun magazine too if Jim spots this (y)

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Welcome,with all that knowledge have you got next weeks euromillions lotto numbers...just asking 🍻

OP
OP
Ken Hall

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
If Only, but at least I do enter. I have to, being Director of a Folk Festival that depends on Lottery funding. I won £3.20 last week on the millions and a lucky dip last night on the lotto. It could happen...... phew that pig just missed me!!! Obviously no pilot's license

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. Lovely to meet you both. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.