heating (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I am unable to run my Truma heater when travelling because the 12v electrics are disabled once the engine is running.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi not sure about other RV's but ours has an engine fed heater, ducted into the underfloor heating channels, so you don't need to run the gas heating while you are traveling.

This year when we took our grandson with us he somehow manged to turn it on while we were traveling, for a short while until the penny dropped it was like a sauna in the RV.:ROFLMAO:

Olley

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
No problem with an RV heating but as Diabalo said the 12V electrics switch off on european vans. We are told the gas should be turned off when traveling so if it's a gas fired one you would have to leave the gas on. :Sad:

We have diesel heater & that has a diredt connection to keep it running when on the move. :thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
No problem with an RV heating but as Diabalo said the 12V electrics switch off on european vans. We are told the gas should be turned off when traveling so if it's a gas fired one you would have to leave the gas on. :Sad:

We have diesel heater & that has a diredt connection to keep it running when on the move. :thumb:

You know the solution to that one Keith...............

As my old mate Dazzer would say..............

.........................................Buy an RV!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Geoff

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on & off for 20 yrs
"can you run the heating in a rv when traveling"​

My understanding of the law is; If it's gas powered you can't, if it is diesel powered you can. Please NOTE this is my understanding of the law not gospel, perhaps others could confirm/refute.
Geoff.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You know the solution to that one Keith...............

As my old mate Dazzer would say..............

.........................................Buy an RV!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yes Linda ::bigsmile: You want tell Jean?........because I don't :Eeek::Eeek:

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Geoff

Its a commonly held but incorrect belief that you are not allowed to use gas on the move, variations are that it must be switched off at valve when moving, but it is actually not ilegal, if it was LPG converted vehicles would be in trouble ::bigsmile:

Also Truma make a gas heater thats is specially designed for use on the move (I believe its only a special flue)

George

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
The new swift has the new truma heater fitted which can be run whislt driving, power is supplied to the heater as well as the fridge so both can be left on.:Cool:

nick

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Yes Linda ::bigsmile: You want tell Jean?........because I don't :Eeek::Eeek:

There you go Keith....buy a Winnebago Aspect and tell Jean its a Swift (better still, a View, sort of looks like a Swift!) :roflmto: :roflmto:

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on & off for 20 yrs
Thanks George.

I had a feeling that it may not have been correct, I think the info. came from some diesel heater sales bumpf, nice to know the big manufactures give us honest unbiased advice in thier sales litrature. (remove tongue from cheek).

regards Geoff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back