Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
I wondered if anyone can help, our motorhome has a headlining throughout all the interior that seems to be glued to the ceiling, my problem is that a tile fell from the roof of my house and damaged the roof of the motorhome, this has been fixed and sealed but it suffered a leak and has left staining on the headlining, I used a foam type of cleaner but it not only failed to remove the water stain but brought of the headlining away from the ceiling causing it to be sagging down by about an inch. Any ideas (a) to get rid or the staining and (b) to glue back the headlining ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The only thing I can think of doing would be to first ensure its dry then make a hole leaving a flap of lining to push back afterwards ,big enough to put the nozzle of a glue gun in and squeeze something like Stixall in to it and push back up and perhaps prop it up until it's stuck, you may have to make a few holes but if done carefully you should be able to fold the flap over the holes to cover them(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
You can buy a decorators syringe which they use to inject adhesive behind paper that has come away so that they can effect a repair which is almost invisible.

If you cut a small slot in the hanging section you should be able to inject a suitable adhesive and then press the whole section back into place. Hopefully the very small cut should not be too obvious.

Example here https://thedecoratorsstore.co.uk/pr...UDvhn5UVoRUU-nl9NKQxM7NPvwQ6pqT8aArAqEALw_wcB

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I can't make any sensible suggestions except to say that surely if water from outside stains headlining then any adhesive is going to make the staining worse.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I can't make any sensible suggestions except to say that surely if water from outside stains headlining then any adhesive is going to make the staining worse.
No it won't stain as it will not seep through the lining before it sets

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back