Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

My better half bought some beam deflectors yesterday. I have never used them before.

I looked at the instructions for use, got a head ache and put them away.

There is a description upon how to fit them to every car known to man but for a M/H its a case of looking for the pattern on the glass.

I cant find my headlamp glass pattern on the instructions. Am I missing something or is it just a case of perseverance.

Cheers

Jim :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I actually dont know and I'm in work so cant nip out and look.

The chassis is a Ford E450 Super Duty:Blush:

American vehicles are built to drive on the right so in Europe they will be right, :Cool: although as I understand it the americans don't dip to the right or left as the Europen & UK do, they only dip down.
When we had an RV, also a Ford E450, I never fitted any beam deflectors. In therory it should not pass an MOT in the UK, but VOSA who did the MOT, tested the RV did not have a problem with it. :thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi

My better half bought some beam deflectors yesterday. I have never used them before.

I looked at the instructions for use, got a head ache and put them away.

There is a description upon how to fit them to every car known to man but for a M/H its a case of looking for the pattern on the glass.

I cant find my headlamp glass pattern on the instructions. Am I missing something or is it just a case of perseverance.

Cheers

Jim :thumb:
Try this link here;
Link Removed

They even go to the trouble of explaining that a headlight is white when illuminated and usually found at the front of the vehicle, so a good start to easing your headache!

First, look at the diagram of a headlight glass. Where it is coloured in orange....that is the section of glass you need to mask up on your headlights. It may be in a slightly different area on your lights according to the shape/style of them, but it will be triangular in shape and it will be there.

Next, scroll down that website page to where it's headed "The simplest and cheapest method"......and follow that.

Pity you have bought some beam deflectors. My advice would be to chuck 'em in the bin as they have a habit of falling off after a few miles (i've tried them!). They are a waste of money and insulation tape does exactly the same job and a lot better too.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Try taking them to your friendly local MOT station and ask them to fit them using their beam checking equipment. They will be able to place them so that the 'kick-up' (if any) is fully masked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back