Rally Chat Hawick Over New Year (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You must have good eyesight......

Haha doesn’t need to be that good. What I really want to know is...Are those bottles full or empty :ROFLMAO:
AF63D494-97B2-4179-A2F3-4DBE239ADA98.jpeg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Just looked at how the days fall over Crimbo/New year and its a weekend over 6 hours to get up there but......................
thinking about it, how many days will it be for and when can you get there are there any facilities

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just looked at how the days fall over Crimbo/New year and its a weekend over 6 hours to get up there but......................
thinking about it, how many days will it be for and when can you get there are there any facilities
Nothing set in stone yet, Im just trying to gauge an interest before asking for deposits next month but we are looking at arriving Tues 29th and leaving Sat 2nd 2021. Its a public car park, there is a water tap, thats all.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nothing set in stone yet, Im just trying to gauge an interest before asking for deposits next month but we are looking at arriving Tues 29th and leaving Sat 2nd 2021. Its a public car park, there is a water tap, thats all.
I assume that the toilet facilities are closed then. Is that correct? Thanks from 25 metres away ;)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ive just collected 10 external smiley fun stickers from Jim. (y) If I persuaded you to remove yours at the last Hawick meet, shout up and I will save you one if you are coming to the Hawick New Year meet. Just call it a late xmas pressie :LOL:

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
I was one of those poor souls stripped of my stickers!! Threatened until I removed mine!! Put our names down for Hawick as I’m sure you will be thrilled we can now make it!

Liz

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi, I was another one stripped of my sticker:cry: (,very painful ), so can I have another one please.,;).
Just a thought but you could charge maybe £5 per night for new year ( we would willingly pay ).
It could go towards maybe the new toilet dump , or towards the welcome committee funds , as they have gone all out to help the motorhomers visiting Hawick.
Mew.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just a thought but you could charge maybe £5 per night for new year ( we would willingly pay ).
It could go towards maybe the new toilet dump , or towards the welcome committee funds , as they have gone all out to help the motorhomers visiting Hawick.

Thats a brilliant idea and would let them see we aren't just a bunch of takers. Yep I will go with that, hopefully all the others will agree. It's a small fee in the grand scheme of things and brilliant the toilet dump is moving forward at least(y) You've just enrolled yourself as chief financial dept, money collector.(y)

I am willing to admit that I would enjoy your company. ;)

Aye she's a good un, BUT you aren't coming :rofl:. but us women can change our minds.

Definitely Interested so far
Me,
Rupert
Micknmew....S
Dpjay
Chris+Tracy
AC/DC
Retiring Joyce
Rosemary 1
Dazzlin
Duxdeluxe
Hyacinth 1....S

Last edited:
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I did say we are interested but are not on the list? Are we in the naughty corner?

No, not at all. Ive only been adding those that are definitely wanting to come at the moment. No point in having a list of maybes. I need to know we have enough people before taking it further and asking for £10 deposits and speaking to the powers that be in Hawick.

Last edited:

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Should have said we would be prepared to pay £5 per night for the rally

Liz

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Should have said we would be prepared to pay £5 per night for the rally

Liz
Nice one, I think as a group its a nice gesture and I'm hoping everyone attending from fun will get into the group spirit and pay up. The welcome committee are the ones that are in most need of funds. They are the ones that campaigned for overnight parking in the first place, and subsequently have secured us another place after flood defence is finished, those of you that were there recently will know just how hard Marjorie works and her group will be delighted with some extra funding by us. So far in agreement are ...

Micknmew,
Chris+Tracy
DP+Jay
Our 2 vans
Hyacinth 1

If we can get another 4 definite and willing to pay we can move forward and turn this into a definite 20 van group meet. £10 deposits collected September and balance on arrival...No refunds. Hopefully some of you thats expressed an interest will shout up.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
even if we dont attend, am willing to put £5 into the fund,
Great, Thats a fab spirit THANKYOU! I know all the stops are being pulled out for the toilet dump project to actually happen. I've even requested an extra tap next to the elsan for rinsing cassettes. The effort being put in by them and a few of the councillors is superb and I will update you all as soon as I'm updated, but hopefully we can raise our glasses at Hawick whatever this coming New Year.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nice one, I think as a group its a nice gesture and I'm hoping everyone attending from fun will get into the group spirit and pay up. The welcome committee are the ones that are in most need of funds. They are the ones that campaigned for overnight parking in the first place, and subsequently have secured us another place after flood defence is finished, those of you that were there recently will know just how hard Marjorie works and her group will be delighted with some extra funding by us. So far in agreement are ...

Micknmew,
Chris+Tracy
DP+Jay
Our 2 vans
Hyacinth 1

If we can get another 4 definite and willing to pay we can move forward and turn this into a definite 20 van group meet. £10 deposits collected September and balance on arrival...No refunds. Hopefully some of you thats expressed an interest will shout up.
You still missed me off :crying:

Happy to pay

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Definitely Interested so far, Everyone happy to pay £5 per night for "The Welcome Committee Funds"?

Looks like we can turn this into a definite meet (y) I will start a rally thread next month and Mew will collect deposits.

Me,
Rupert
tjay
Micknmew....S
Dpjay
Chris+Tracy
AC/DC
Retiring Joyce
Rosemary 1
Dazzlin
Duxdeluxe
Hyacinth 1....S