Haven Holidays / Perran Sands (1 Viewer)

mrmalik

Free Member
Aug 12, 2017
Lincoln, united Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 196
Exp
Hi There

Just wondered if anyone has used the touring site at Perran Sands Haven site in Perranporth Cornwall.

We have booked a week in September on a extra large pitch with electric hook up with use and access to all facilities on site for an amazing price of just £73 which i thought was a bargain.

Looking at some of the reviews, its had a mixed report but there has been a lot of money spent on the site recently including new toilet/shower block etc.

If anyone has any feedback it would be appreciated and also any info or tips for that part of Cornwall. its around 30 years ago since we last visited. I'd like to visit a few places down there but am getting more concerned about limited parking and acceptance of Motorhomes. even supermarket car parks have started putting signs up although these state caravan and not Motorhome, but when they go on about parking between the white lines etc is a concern as i cant fit in to one bay. we plan on taking food stuff with us but some bits when we get there.

Thanks for any feedback

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I would imagine the attitude of Cornish companies in the heights of summer are different when you go off season. Sounds like an excellent deal.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi There

Just wondered if anyone has used the touring site at Perran Sands Haven site in Perranporth Cornwall.

We have booked a week in September on a extra large pitch with electric hook up with use and access to all facilities on site for an amazing price of just £73 which i thought was a bargain.

Looking at some of the reviews, its had a mixed report but there has been a lot of money spent on the site recently including new toilet/shower block etc.

If anyone has any feedback it would be appreciated and also any info or tips for that part of Cornwall. its around 30 years ago since we last visited. I'd like to visit a few places down there but am getting more concerned about limited parking and acceptance of Motorhomes. even supermarket car parks have started putting signs up although these state caravan and not Motorhome, but when they go on about parking between the white lines etc is a concern as i cant fit in to one bay. we plan on taking food stuff with us but some bits when we get there.

Thanks for any feedback
Do you have a link or what did you click on to make arrangements please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Hi There

Thanks for any feedback

We had a bargain week there last June, nice enough site with all you'd expect, our Moho is 7m long & as we didn't fancy trying to park it anywhere, we hired a car for the week to see the sights.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's not so bad here for supermarket Car parks, We find a park away from the entrances, at the far end of the car parks.
There are Council Carparks & Car Parks at attractions here that are M/H friendly. The Quarry Hill C/P in Falmouth, The big C/P in Penzance just as you run into town, Heligan, Eden Project, The Menack Theatre at Porthcurno, Mevagissey (The first as you come into town) Polerro, Looe, even Lands End, (the biggest waste of money ever) Even Perranporth , (not the one at the Beach the one behind the main street)

Anyway, if you need any advice about other stuff here in Cornwall I'm only a PM away.

OP
OP
mrmalik

mrmalik

Free Member
Aug 12, 2017
Lincoln, united Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 196
Exp
Thanks. Mine is 7.3m and I don't mind driving around but its the upheaval every time i guess as well. In all there will be around 15 of us going and They are all staying on the static section. There will be about 5 cars, so i know we can tag along some days, its just nice to come and go as you please though sometimes.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If you are amember of the MCC then there is a special deal with Haven. 5 nights at Perran sands Sunday to Friday from 16th September until 14th October will cost either £30 or £35 depending on which pitch type you want.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have always found haven parks a bargain out of season as long as you don't over do the pubs and clubs we have done the Blackpool one a couple of times and the caister one is particularly good, and we have found they are very well serviced with bus's.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi There

Thanks for any feedback

Hi, What we do when in Cornwall , usually on a temporary holiday site , we hire a small car from enterprise rental for a few days ( 10% discount through C&MC ) they deliver to site & and return you back to site when you take it back.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We stayed on an early season offer, the bus stops in the site. Toilet block modern with a grass roof. All round quite nice, but should imagine it’s busy in high season.

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
I stayed a couple of weeks about 5 years ago and found weekends was full of young surfers partying and drinking to the early hours with loud music in tents . But Sunday they all packed up and left but never again .

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we have been off season and I have to say it was ace..... 2 weeks in October and it was so cheap it cost me more to get there than stay there. wouldn't want to go in high season though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back