Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
morning all

For a while now we have been having a problem with our hab door handle, I believe this style of door is called Hartal. It is written on the window so at least that bit is Hartal

The problem started some time back (about 4 years) and I kept meaning to get it sorted but it suddenly got worse yesterday while going over things for Bev who is taking it away with her mother this weekend coming

If the door is locked and we forget, when the handle is pulled it then stays out

294F2E97-B196-4A96-BD0F-27714890B12D.jpeg

To start with a gentle nudge pushed it back vertical but more recently it has needed something a little less gentle and a worrying clunk can be heard

The problem also now doesn’t seem to be restricted to if the door is locked, although that produced a bit of ‘debate ‘ last night while locking up :whistle:

So after a slightly heated discussion last night I decided to investigate / hopefully repair

E50569E5-05AF-4060-AAB9-4E3ED6FEE395.jpeg

Removed cover although that did include virtual destruction of the fitting cover caps, there must be a knack I am missingo_O but in I got, could now see all the moving bits, replicated the handle issue but couldn’t see what was wrong inside

Had a little WD40 left from step repair the other week so merrily sprayed everything, can’t now replicate the fault (y)

840BE88F-211D-42B3-AEE2-C8644ECA7B2A.jpeg

Put everything back together including finding some stainless fixings for a temporary repair me and Terry did nearly 4 years ago :) when I say me and Terry I do course mean Terry, who had previously removed said covers with no sign of entry at all (y)

83AABD17-074A-4B9C-9468-663BBC4664BF.jpeg

BA7B07F2-D5E9-4C39-AAAE-EABDD0BE5494.jpeg

Door rebuilt and still functions properly, that was quite a surprise to me with my track record

Bev would seem to be good to go :)(y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Excellent.. but the WD will eventually dry out

may I suggest you buy some spray grease and re-lubricate the mechanism ..

Thanks Jim (y)

I would like to say I will get on and do that, reality is when it next sticks I will try and find this thread and your link :)

But next time I will act as soon as it sticks, I think we got lucky this time that nothing broke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back