Hamburg motorhome transporter (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
I'm collecting a motorhome in the Hamburg area on Friday, and need a transporter to take it to a nearby garage.

Can anyone suggest a firm who can handle this, or how to find one?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is this the Flair John that you were considering?
Did you get it checked out mechanically and habitation wise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
John Russell
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
@CazPaul Yes

The dealer is unhelpful. Bit of a saga so I need to move an unlicensed vehicle to a workshop for testing.

Either trailer, or tow if that's legal.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I don't know if your MH is Fiat-based, but if it is there's Karabag in Hamburg. It's a Fiat Professional dealership. I worked near there for a bit, and there always seemed to be MHs parked in the waiting area, so they are familiar with MHs. They only did one small job for me, and it was not cheap, but I'm sure they are good.
https://www.karabag.de/
I'm sure they'd speak English if you phoned them.

OP
OP
John Russell
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
It isn't legal to tow an unlicensed vehicle on the public road in Germany. Surprisingly, it's legal to park it.

Some crash recovery firms have suitable plates for towing unroadworthy vehicles. It's that or a low loader.

@autorouter Thanks - it's an Iveco Daily; and I'm scraping by in German, but my problem is how to move it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is the garage itself not able to collect it?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I'll tell you what John, you are an extremely brave man, not many people would do this, buying from a dealer that isn't co-operative in the first to place would have everyone else running miles.
Very Best of luck, I hope everything works out, please keep us informed as we imported from Hamburg last year.

OP
OP
John Russell
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
@CazPaul Brave or foolish. There'll be a story at some point. For the time being I'll just say that Schwarzenbek isn't a place I'd look for a motorhome.

Where did you get yours?

Btw in case anyone else is looking for transporter, Auto Groth have a low loader ('Tieflader') and are helpful; they're used by ADAC the motoring organisation.

Other suggestions include:
  • Firma Struck Hamburg Pannen- und Bergungsdienst, and
  • Firma Dienst- & Serviceleistung Nagel
'Abschleppdienst' is a towing service, but requires special plates for an unroadworthy or unregistered vehicle.

Dekra are a recognised test facility for vehicles with plenty of workshops and provide detailed reports.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
@CazPaul Brave or foolish. There'll be a story at some point. For the time being I'll just say that Schwarzenbek isn't a place I'd look for a motorhome.

Where did you get yours?

Btw in case anyone else is looking for transporter, Auto Groth have a low loader ('Tieflader') and are helpful; they're used by ADAC the motoring organisation.

Other suggestions include:
  • Firma Struck Hamburg Pannen- und Bergungsdienst, and
  • Firma Dienst- & Serviceleistung Nagel
'Abschleppdienst' is a towing service, but requires special plates for an unroadworthy or unregistered vehicle.

Dekra are a recognised test facility for vehicles with plenty of workshops and provide detailed reports.

We got ours from Lundberg reisemobile Norderstedt Hamburg, although I would say that Jorg Lundberg has now retired since we bought ours and the 2 people who have taken over the business(who were formerly employees) Klaus and Tanya are not that helpful so I wouldn't buy off them again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back