Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Hi All
Just tried to operate the hab step but not working and I’m getting a beeping alarm?

It’s trying to deploy so there is power.

it’s a Pilote G740 and it’s about to get the Basil Faulty treatment!😂

one thing after another at the moment!

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Common fault is the switch built into the step gets full of mud and corroded, particularly if you have no mudflaps. It's the same type of switch as fitted to some fridge doors

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
I’ve looked underneath the step and all I can see is a grey box not a switch in site. There are however a bunch I wires hanging down that were once held in place with a sticky pad!!.
Do I need to take the box off to find the switch?

thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2020
Scotland Central
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
Since 2014
Hi,
same problem on my 2004 Galaxy 270.
The " switch " on my MH anyway, is a knife proximity switch whose blade moves in between a slim U shaped contact.
I found the switch as well as the entire movement mechanism absolutely clogged with road mud and other detritus.
After a few hours cleaning the mechanism and proximity switch it did resume its normal function. ( I believe i did remove the plastic cover to get the prox' sw. My wiring was also dangling down in a unsecure manner and I re-ran the wiring. When adjusting or re-running the wiring, ensure that there is no undue strain or slack in the wiring - between step extending or retracted.

I USED A STRONG DEGREASER ; WD40 AND SOME SORT OF EXPENSIVE LUBRICATION, POSS A PTFE SPRAY.

best of luck.

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Hi,
same problem on my 2004 Galaxy 270.
The " switch " on my MH anyway, is a knife proximity switch whose blade moves in between a slim U shaped contact.
I found the switch as well as the entire movement mechanism absolutely clogged with road mud and other detritus.
After a few hours cleaning the mechanism and proximity switch it did resume its normal function. ( I believe i did remove the plastic cover to get the prox' sw. My wiring was also dangling down in a unsecure manner and I re-ran the wiring. When adjusting or re-running the wiring, ensure that there is no undue strain or slack in the wiring - between step extending or retracted.

I USED A STRONG DEGREASER ; WD40 AND SOME SORT OF EXPENSIVE LUBRICATION, POSS A PTFE SPRAY.

best of luck.
Thanks for the info will have another look tomorrow see if I can sort. I had a quick look yesterday but couldn’t see any mechanism?

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
OK quick update....
I've removed the box which holds the step onto the van (four long bolts). Removed the plastic mouldings to reveal 2 screws on either side of the step. So getting to the point where I will have access to the inner sanctom and a chance to clean out and hopefully get the thing moving again. Two screws removed OK other two seem to have been welded on! Sprayed WD40 but they won't budge!!!
Resisted the urge to take a lump hammer to the thing put it all back together went inside grabbed a beer and ordered a portable step from Amazon!!! NOT HAPPY!

:mad::mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back