Habitation Service with an Independent (1 Viewer)

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I want a fourth year Hab service on my Autotrail Tribute. In the Extended Warrant documentation is says "The habitation service should be undertaken at an authorised Auto-Trail dealer, or at an independent service provider with prior approval"

My understanding was that a car/van service can be done by an Independent as long as their certification, parts used and documentation matched the authorised dealers

If I use a member of the Mobile Caravan Engineers Associates Ltd am I risking invalidating my warranty?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I would say No.

But you really want the goodwill of the makers/selling dealer if you have a warranty claim.

I suspect the only claim you could have now would be damp under their ten year warranty.

It would be a balance between how much you save and how much it might cost.

It could be expensive if they don't accept your independent hab. check.

(ps: don't forget Autotrail count back how much they will pay out after a few years. It goes down around ten percent per year)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I want a fourth year Hab service on my Autotrail Tribute. In the Extended Warrant documentation is says "The habitation service should be undertaken at an authorised Auto-Trail dealer, or at an independent service provider with prior approval"

Think you have answered your own question .. Prior Approval .. Write to AutoTrail and get approval to use someone else. Don't do anything until you have it in writing that it's Ok. All they are doing is making sure their Dealers earn lots of money for doing absolutely nothing. On another forum someone stuck a piece of hair over the gas locker door. When he went to collect it the hair was still there and he was told that everything was fine and everything had been checked including the Gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I take your point @MikeD and will get a price from the local Autotrail dealer. My extended warranty still covers full cost for another year and then falls to 80% in year 6

Last year dealer quoted £185, reduced to £150 on a moan. Independent is quoting £95 this year

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
They MUST be member of the NCC....
http://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/search/

I have never used a dealer, always a mobile independant for the past 5 years since the van was new.
Asked the question with Autotrail back in 2012 and the answer was as above.. I had a couple of warranty claims and all the habitation reports were accepted and work approved..

Apr 15, 2017
Fylde coast lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
02/14
Think I will use mobile independent next time,is any warranty work done by them or supplying dealer ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back