Habitation door hard to shut. (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
I recently had this problem and it seems to have been happening to others going back years, so I thought I would point out a couple of things that might help and that sorted mine. What was happening is that when shutting the door, the top lock would latch onto to its striker post 1st and the bottom lock only latched on after a sharp pull from the inside or a slam from the outside. So I thought the answer would be to move the bottom post out so the latch would catch it sooner. But I found that it was at the end of its adjustment so to match them up, I moved the top one further inside and there was a great improvement as it was the top one holding off bottom that was the main problem.
Also the top post was a bit high and catching on the latch and only needed slightly lowering as there is a “flat” on the end of the post that can be rotated to give clearance. I am now happy with how it shuts and am sure future neighbours will be too.

OP
OP
Redken
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Sorry I didn’t take any whilst I was doing it.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our door only has 1 catch and the door is like a flipping banana so to get it shut properly it needs to be slammed otherwise there's a gap all down the middle. What I've started doing is just pulling the door closed and swinging the security arm over, the gap is extra summer ventilation 👌🌞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Is your glass strut OK as mine had given up the ghost which had meant the door had dropped making it hard to close as it kept catching on the bottom ot the door frame

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back