• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Gumotex Helios Inflatable Canoes/Kayaks (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am selling a pair of quality single seater Gumotex Helios Inflatable Canoes/Kayaks, one blue, one green. We've had them for 3 years but they have had little use as hubby has difficulty getting in/out due to his bad hip/knee so we got some more 'open' ones which he can manage better.

DSCF1243.JPG

More photos below.

They are very, very good quality and easy to inflate/deflate - it takes about 5 minutes from getting them out of the bag to being on the water. We use a double action pump but an electric one can be used instead. The material is extremely tough and doesn't puncture easily - we've never had a puncture and have taken our dogs out in them without worry. There are some marks as you would expect from putting them in/taking them out of the water but this is purely cosmetic. Having the covered front and rear means that you don't get wet when waves hit the bow/stern, in fact the only water you'll normally get on you will be from what's dripped on you from the paddles!

There's more info on the below web page:

http://www.gumotex.co.uk/inflatable-kayak-helios-1-2

INFO: One thing to watch out for with inflatable canoes is how they are made and how easy they are to dry* and these are a doddle as they are made in once piece - it is all 'moulded' together so the water cannot get 'inside' at all - they can therefore be quickly and easily dried with a cloth/towel and put away and if they're a bit damp it doesn't make any difference to them. They also can be inflated to a higher psi than the bladder type so are more rigid and are very tough being made from full Nitrilon (a material which will take a lot of knocks). You can put on a skeg and also a rudder if you wish.

[* There are a lot of other makes of inflatable canoes/kayaks which have an outer cover and inner bladder which are very difficult to dry so you end up packing them away wet or leaving them out to dry at your campsite so not ideal for motorhomes - we had some and soon got shot of them.]

I'm looking for £250 each or £450 for the pair - they're over £300 new.

I can post via courier at a cost of £17 each (if less I'll refund the difference), or take to Peterborough show to save postage.

Gumotex 1.jpg
Gumotex 2.jpg
gumotex 3.jpg
Gumotex 4.jpg

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have kayaks but just wanted to say that these are some of the best inflatable kayaks in their class and price range. :)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Nice boats!

We have a Gumotex Palava which is a Canadian style canoe.
These really are the best inflatables for motorhome use. They dry so easily compared to other makes.

Good luck with the sale! We would have been tempted if it wasn't for the fact our dogs come along for the ride.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We used to have a Palava too but changes to singles to stop the 'arguments' of who should paddle when etc!

Our dogs do too ... can't keep them out!

DSCF6822 - Copy.JPG
DSCF6823 - Copy.JPG

This was when we had the Palava with 3 dogs in, the heffalump in the middle and 2 smaller ones at the front - you can just see the head of one of them:

Gumotex Palava r.JPG

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Bump!

There's only one left now after a deal was done at the Peterborough show.

It was a timely purchase as we'd never have got the motorhome of the field without the tow we had from the canoe!

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yup, just got the green one left ... I'm considering keeping it though ... decisions, decisions! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back