Guidance Please - Adaptor needed to connect those shown in the pictures (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I need to replace my reversing camera without a mass of hassle. The old camera has one type of connector and the new something different. I need an adaptor or short adaptor cable to connect the socket and plug shown in the attached pictures but can't find one. Can you help? Many thanks in advance.
IMG_2860.JPG
New RC Connector.jpg

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hey Roger, I think it’s something like this your after.....not cheap by the looks of it!!

05483E74-617D-4460-9A1C-4ACE374DC8F1.png

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Wow expensive wire
You could try the guy who sells all the rear view cameras at the shows he has most camera related things.
If you look on Warner’s exhibitors list he will be on there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Hello Dave,

Thanks for that it does appear to be what I need but I'm not sure about the screw part. My old Waeco / Dometic twin lens camera has failed and I want to replace it like for like. Unfortunately the new camera has a different connector, the one with the yellow ring. I don't want to replace the whole cable front to back of the MH and thought that all I needed was an adaptor but it seems its not that simple. I would be happy to fit different twin lens (Carmedien?) camera but I'm not sure if it would work with my Blaupunkt 530 unit. This is all well outside my area of expertise so I'm going very carefully.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
When my camera gave problems Waeco supplied the new repeater box with the wrong plugs on ie male and female reversed, took it to pieces and swapped the leads from the old unit although these were tiny plugs on a circuit board.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
When my camera gave problems Waeco supplied the new repeater box with the wrong plugs on ie male and female reversed, took it to pieces and swapped the leads from the old unit although these were tiny plugs on a circuit board.

I have partly disassembled the old camera and I am tempted to swap the cable I need to the new one but I'm not sure if that would work even if done successfully, plus the risk of wrecking £600 plus of kit worries me.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
In your picture with the green background, is that another plug socket for their up the cable towards the camera? It looks a bit like one on a wireless camera connector, and it may be an alternative place to make your connection. Do you have electrical confidence to cut the plugs off and join with a connector block? That was the advice that the guy at NEC gave me. You could give him a call, I found him helpful

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I had the same problem with my rapido camera, got conversion lead from parking cameras.com

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
You have my Sympathies. The Waeco unit failed on the Rapido, and a direct replacement was (Silly Bucks). Got a new system (online) and the supplier gave me the pinout and colour codes. Then I Setted down in the van with the soldering iron, some heat shrink sleeving and an old hair dryer. Couple of hours later I was up and running, with a twin camera colour system to boot for less than 1/3 of the cost of the Waeco, without have to re-wire the `van. While I was at it I moved the monitor location from under the Drop Down bed to the dash where I could see it better. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back