Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good Afternoon

How do I go about changing the sim card in my Growler alarm, just found out the original sim has expired due to lack of use.

Tezza

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
We had that problem. We rang the service provider for the SIM, got them to reactivate it and now have a diary reminder to send a status message to the Growler each month to stop it happening again. The service provider was something unusual like Asda mobile

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Mine is the original Lebara sim and on my account page it says sim cannot be reactivated, I’ll contact vanbitz in the morning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Just for clarity Growler has no SIM card, you muat have a pager or early Non Starter fitted

If you've let the SIM card expire and can't persuade the service provider to turn it back on, you'll have to put a new SIM card in the pager

The system has been on contract for some time now as people would dorget to top it up or use it within the service providers conditions

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hope you are lucky and they will reactivate it. When it happened to us Lebara said no and we had to get a new Sim card and the unit was a devil to get at and the Sim card was a bit of a fiddle to replace without breaking the little holder. Nowhere near as easy as a phone sim. The old style non starter like Eddie said in our case. We never forgot again though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Yes it’s the pager we had fitted with the growler so can’t communicate with the van or set the remote immobiliser

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
had no idea I had a sim that needed to be replaced - where is it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back