Grey Water In Shower! (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No effort at all, empties itself by magic ..............................

Yes, in addition to flexi hose I have a folding bucket and a fiamma tote tank so always empty before travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I always empty the grey water every day using a 15 litre round bucket with a handle. Good exercise, gets the steps up. :D Pour it down a drain mostly.

Stayed on a site in Lincoln once, where somebody had let out a full tank of grey water over the grass pitch just before I arrived. It was already quite wet and the added grey water turned the pitch into a stinking mud patch. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Stayed on a site in Lincoln once, where somebody had let out a full tank of grey water over the grass pitch just before I arrived. It was already quite wet and the added grey water turned the pitch into a stinking mud patch. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
If you werenā€™t there, how did you know what had happened?

And why would it ā€œstinkā€

And just how much water do you have to have, to turn a pitch into a ā€œStinking mud patchā€?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

And just how much water do you have to have, to turn a pitch into a ā€œStinking mud patchā€?

that depends.. grey drained onto a pitch may soak away, but this depends on the ground, how good the drainage, sandy or clay, and what the weather is like.. dry or wet.

I've also had the misfortune to be given a pitch that was soggy and smelly from grey water.. and yes it does stink, it can harbour bacteria, viruses and faecal matter from showering .. it's not just a 'little bit of harmless soapy dish water'

a common 'trick' (that deceives no-one) is to use a waste container with the drain cap cracked open and let it dribble away slowly.. hoping no one notices.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
If you werenā€™t there, how did you know what had happened?

The site manager told me and apologised, he said there wasnā€™t another pitch. It wasnā€™t you was it Eddie? :D2

Grey water stinks like rotten eggs if you donā€™t treat the tank with cleaner from time to time, you can use that Diet Coke, I hear that works well as a fairly strong acid.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
our swift has an overflow right at the top which stops the water coming up the shower tray should you forget to empty the tank, Have never reached that full yet.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Can you not use a waste water roll tank?
On a serviced pitch is it possible to get waste to drain like in a caravan?

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
If your motor-home has decent sized waste tanks then they only need emptying when you get home. A week away is a sinch and perfect for Scout camps. But then Ice Cream vans, like the Very @old-mo TypeFellaPerson has, only have likkle tanks. :gum: :imoutahere:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The site manager told me and apologised, he said there wasnā€™t another pitch. It wasnā€™t you was it Eddie? :D2

Grey water stinks like rotten eggs if you donā€™t treat the tank with cleaner from time to time, you can use that Diet Coke, I hear that works well as a fairly strong acid.
Not me lol we have an RV and its pumped out as we drive(y)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
But I expect that some motorcyclists don't like riding when it is raining or the roads are wet?
I was a Harley rider never went out in the rain. Came home in the rain sometimes

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Itā€™s makes me laugh when people get upset with a bit of grey water on the roads, Have a look at all the Horse/cows/sheep/ and any other kind of animals that cross ours roads including dog walkers leaving behind their Sh-t and you worry about a bit of soapy water!
I will sit back and wait for incoming :whistle:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Itā€™s makes me laugh when people get upset with a bit of grey water on the roads, Have a look at all the Horse/cows/sheep/ and any other kind of animals that cross ours roads including dog walkers leaving behind their Sh-t and you worry about a bit of soapy water!

justifying an illegal practice, ie dumping grey waste water on the highway, by citing others who also foul the roads is a poor argument..

... dog shits on road so it's ok for a human to shit in the road ..? hmmm .. no, don't answer, I've seen it in lay-bys .. disgusting, bushes festooned with toilet paper, disposable nappies just left laying.. condoms, sanitary towels.. yuk..

but in any case, why would anyone need to do dump grey waste water on the highway ?

I've never had a satisfactory answer to this ..

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
justifying an illegal practice, ie dumping grey waste water on the highway, by citing others who also foul the roads is a poor argument..

... dog shits on road so it's ok for a human to shit in the road ..? hmmm .. no, don't answer, I've seen it in lay-bys .. disgusting, bushes festooned with toilet paper, disposable nappies just left laying.. condoms, sanitary towels.. yuk..

but in any case, why would anyone need to do dump grey waste water on the highway ?

I've never had a satisfactory answer to this ..
Jim ...... now as hard as I try I cannot get toilet paper nappies condoms or STs down the plughole of my sinks and shower. Should I be buying a portable macerator ................... :D2

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

If all the thousands of motorhome and caravan owners did what you consider a laugh our country would stink and yes it would be dangerous for road users. A similar attitude to those that litter our country, the roadsides are a becoming a mess.
Doesnā€™t make it right for all if one does it.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim ...... now as hard as I try I cannot get toilet paper nappies condoms or STs down the plughole of my sinks and shower. Should I be buying a portable macerator ................... :D2

very funny..

point I was making, is just because we see all the crap in lay-bys, including human waste, we don't think.. ok, lets dump the cassette .. or pump out the black tank.. but I bet it has been done :rolleyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It was sadly no longer

Let me guess, you came round this bend and there was this river of slimy water left by a MH which caused you to skid off the road into an old people's home killing ten of them, one about to celebrate her hundredth birthday, and causing you three and a half years in traction.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
very funny..

point I was making, is just because we see all the crap in lay-bys, including human waste, we don't think.. ok, lets dump the cassette .. or pump out the black tank.. but I bet it has been done :rolleyes:
Jim, the point I was clumsily trying to make is that nobody on here has suggested that they should be allowed to dump their black waste on the highway. The discussion is only about the grey stuff. We are all in agreement with you about the black stuff. (y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
That describes the rural roads of Cheshire perfectly.

Sad really, suppose people are happy to live like it, just dump your waste anywhere as long as nimby :(
Noticable recently in Germany, no litter even along the autobahns, and I guess maybe no grey waste either, a bit of pride and respect presumably.

Reactions: TCG

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sad really, suppose people are happy to live like it, just dump your waste anywhere as long as nimby :(

The farmers have been doing it for thousands of years though it did not become a problem until tarmac and the automobile. Horsey people are good contributors too. Wet sh!t is just about the slippiest thing on earth.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim, the point I was clumsily trying to make is that nobody on here has suggested that they should be allowed to dump their black waste on the highway. The discussion is only about the grey stuff. We are all in agreement with you about the black stuff. (y)

I never suggested anyone did... the point I was making was addressing the poster who compared cow , sheep and dog shit to dumping grey waste.. two wrongs don't make a right..

but that's my last word.. history on this forum going back to 2007 has seen this topic done to death

Reactions: p-c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back