Grey waste pipe replacement (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We've just returned from a tour around the NC500. Unfortunately the roads have taken their toll and along with the poor bracket fixing has resulted in my grey waste pipe laying by the side of the road somewhere in the north of Scotland! The fixing into the waste valve looked to have been a push fit. So I'm looking for some 40mm OD grey pipe and a couple of 90 degree bends. Has anyone had to replace this pipe as I can find 41 OD and 43 OD but not 40? I could of course turn the inside of the valve fitting (which is a screw fit to the metal body of the valve) but the original pipe must be available from somewhere.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Got mine from a Koi carp outlet. You're right about it being a push fit, but it has a very fine O ring fitted in a circumferential groove where it slides into the socket fitting on the tank. I was fortunate in having access to a lathe to machine the groove and also had the original O ring.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the prompt replies everyone. I found a local (well 15 miles away) Koi outlet and got some pipe and elbows for a fiver! Very reasonable and some really nice fish to look at! Now I have to make up a new bracket and a method of attaching to the underbelly that doesn't rely on self tappers into thin ally. Probably Sikaflex it on!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back