Free Member
Feb 27, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rimor Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, I'm fairly new to motorhoming, I bought my first one towards the end of 2014 which was a bit of a lemon, spent a lot of time sorting out damp issues before finally getting to use it for a couple of short runs in the summer of 2015. At that stage myself and the family were getting hooked on the freedom that a camper gave us so I bit the bullet last year and bought a van that was a little bigger and in better condition (Rimor Superbrig 728 on sprinter chassis) and spent almost every weekend last summer getting away in it. I have my first trip to France planned in June of this year, hoping to pick up some basic tips here for that adventure!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Do you have any specific queries we can help with?

Wyn

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
France adventure.
Dont pre book any sites. June is a good month for travel and use aires, municipal campsites, and ACSI book is essential for us.
France passion is good as well, you can get ACSI and France passion from Vacarious books online.
France is probably the best country for us motorhomers.
Good deals on ferries/chunnel etc.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Top o the morning to you!! Enjoy your new van and all the help you need is at your fingertips on here!! Have fun!! X

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
I would second getting the ACSI book and card. As you have a family, having a site with showers etc saves you having to top up and empty your tanks too often, also many sites have play areas and swimming pools and a bar for snacks and ice creams. In my opinion, a little bit safer for children running around outside on a proper site rather than an aire.
ACSI prices really good value but offers stop around first week in July. You would save the price of the card after 2 or 3 nights on sites.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
I have my first trip to France planned in June of this year, hoping to pick up some basic tips here for that adventure!
:welcomesign:
Will you be heading out on the ferry Oscar Wilde from Rosslare straight to France? It's a very nice ferry..they use it to cross from Pembrooke to Rosslare in winter. As has been said France is great for motorhoming...lovely roads, fantastic scenery, weather the further south you go the better and more reliable it is. ASCI is billiant, then there is Campercontact on the net which has lists of Aires lots of which are free. Have the best time in France and enjoy your travels wherever you go:D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Rusty, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

OP
OP
R

Rustynutz

Free Member
Feb 27, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rimor Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks folks for the very warm welcome and advice. I am sailing direct from Roslare in Ireland to Cherbourg, I plan on staying on campsites most nights as the kids are young (5 & 6) so would prefer somewhere for them to play safely. I hadn't heard of ASCI but will definitely look into it further, what are the benefits of getting the card? I don't plan on going much further than 4 hours south of Cherbourg, can anyone recommend a place close to Cherbourg the first couple of nights or any thing interesting to see or do in the area?

joeo's

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Fáilte (Welcome) from another Paddy. I'm in Kildare.
Great forum. You'll learn sooooo much here.
Mega amount of knowledge about every conceivable element of owning, using, maintaining and repairing a motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back