Good sites in Northern Ireland (1 Viewer)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
We are planning a couple of weeks in Northern Ireland in the summer, visiting Belfast for the Titanic exhibition, the Giant's causeway and coastal touring. We usually stay only a night or two in one place before moving on.
Our preference is for quiet sites with EHU and good showers and toilets but we do not look for fancy facilities such as swimming pools, play areas or on-site bars or restaurants. Usually happy with certificated sites if they have good basic facilities.
It looks as if the CC and the C&CC only have one club site each and there do not appear to be many private sites.
Any site recommendations that forum members can make would be much appreciated. Also happy to receive recommendations for sightseeing and good places to eat.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
@andy63 should know several free wilding spots if you are interested in them too?

Hmm.. as I'm over here a lot and have somewhere to stay /Base myself I'm not that familiar with camp sites in the north.. but did post a load of stops during my trip round the wild Atlantic way in the south of Ireland this summer.
I don't think you will have any bother locating sites if you give the northern Ireland tourist folk a call..
The Antrim coast is well worth a few days... there's the causeway you mentioned ,the rope bridge, the distillery at Bushmills the gobbins cliff walk if it's open and numerous beautiful little villages round the coast.. ie Carnlough, Cushendun, Cushendall. .. etc
A bit busier but Portrush and Portstewart ,and of course my favourite as i spent my childhood here ...Castlerock...lovely beaches...
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jimcunliffe

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Bacup,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
21/2 years
Carnfunnock country park,council run and one of the best sites we have ever stayed at.
Situated on the Antrim coast road a few miles north of Larne it is well placed for all the touristy bits as well as great restopubs.
Gets filled up in season so booking is reccomended
Enjoy one of the nicest areas of the U.K.
Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back