Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2008
We are heading to Spain after spending Christmas with Family in the Pyrenees. We are taking our golf clubs in the hope of a few rounds in better weather than January in the UK.
As novice golfers we will be looking for 9 hole golf courses rather than fancy (expensive) golf resorts, and thought we might seek out municipal courses away from the coast and tourist spots as they may be more affordable in what must be the high season for golf holidays in Spain.

Has anyone got recommendations or experience please. We are setting off from near Andorra so can go in pretty much any direction.

Thanks in advance,
Janet and David.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Unless you head South and get below Valencia you will not have nice weather for golf or anything else. At the moment I pay between €30 and €40 for a round of golf but that is a reduced rate through a society.
Golf in Spain is expensive even if you find a 9 hole course then you will pay around €15.
We are in one of the best areas for weather at La Manga and for the first time in 10 years we have had to cancel two games due to rain but that was during November and since then it’s been good.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Municipal golf courses are a bit of a rarity in Spain, however,not all are ridiculously expensive your best bet is to head to a resort area with a number of Courses within the region you will then find Golf Booking agents in the local free paper that offer good deals, find local Brit bars as many have a Society that you can simply add your name to and many are mixed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We did winter golf in Spain a few years back around Fuengirola area nice courses but all we played were 18 holes.
Enjoy:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
My neighbour goes here.

It's 9 hole and he told me it has the 19th hole and it's cheap. :xrofl:

But me not being a golfer I didn't have a clue what he was on about, :xwink: but I know he likes a drink. :xgrin: Bob.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
@Riverbankannie did some golfing so might be able to advise ?
Yes indeed we did. We went last March but unfortunately weather was against us much of the time.
We were going to start off on the municipal course at Llanes on the north coast but that was out of the question. We travelled directly south through Madrid and found better weather in Murcia and played at Lorca getting a tee time and price through an agent. However we found the course rock hard with little grass and balls just bounced off into the deep ravines even with a good pitch onto a green. I can find the details when Strictly finishes !

We did find a nice parkland style course at Peniscola and they gave us a good price €22 Euro at the pro shop but the next day was too windy and chilly.

I’ll post the details of two pay and play par 3 courses we played near Barcelona which may suit you.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We booked Lorca Golf Resort through
Alexander at

Galaxy Green Fees
Unit 2, Lomas de Campoamor Commercials,
Calle Ramon de Campoamor,
Orihuela Costa,
Alicante, 03189
tel:
bookings@galaxygreenfees.com

He was very helpful and we paid €93 for 2 people including a buggy so not too bad but in retrospect a course like La Manga would have been in better condition. His area is limited to the region around Alicante though.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Wonder where the op has gone, with 12 messages in 10 years it could be a while before anyone gets a thank you.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This was a very nice and friendly par 3 (or pitch and putt) course outside Barcelona. We stayed at the nearby aire at La Colonia Guell. You can get the train to Barcelona from here too. Of course we took MH to the course and were able to park easily in the shade at the first bit of parking before getting to the clubhouse. It has a very popular restaurant at lunch times, a lot of people were there just for lunch.
Nice glimpses of the sea from its elevated position and trees to shade the tees. A bit of water to give just enough challenge and we spent a very enjoyable few hours there. Good practice for the short game.

Just turn up... but not on a festival/holiday day.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The other pitch and putt course we played was also near Barcelona
http://eng.portaldelrocpitchandputt.com/the-course

Again very friendly when we just turned up to pay and play. I think this is the one with glimpses of the sea not the one I mentioned above.
It is reached from the roundabout outside Vilanova Park campsite but the road is single track in places and the club entrance through a stone gateway was tight for our PVC.

OP
OP
nettypoole

nettypoole

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks everyone for all this info, I have started making lists. I had no idea there was such a thing as a green fee agent!
It’s a whole new world!
And I have just found out what all the little icons are for under each reply (doh!)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back